I call it SCORPION

Alright folks the new rig build is going alright, what started out to be a budget rig, is now becoming a healthy mid fielder. Thanks to me pouring in more time (spreading the purchase) and money. Some things are mid level, some are going to be high level (I plan to water cool). I will keep you posted on my future purchases, but here is a look at what I have so far....
Cabinet -> CM 690 Transparent Side Panel (Need I say more?)

Speakers -> Altec Lansing VS4121 (Utter Crap compared to my existing Logitec Z5500, is it me or are they even crappier than my old ATP3)

^^ Probably will end up selling them and buy something better

22" from Singapore. Got this as a gift from my parents :) W2252TQ

^^ I wish they visit these places more often :bleh:

Mobo got from a freind from US. Its a Gigabyte EP35 DS3L. Doesnt have SLI but OC's well. I plan to keep it for a year before I switch to Intel's new platform.

After the motherboard comes the RAM. This RAM is hot hot hot. Got it for 50 dollars plus shipping. Its retailing now for $44, but I think its a steal for the price. Its Super Talen DDR2 800, 4-4-3-8 at 2.2....

Than comes the graphic card. Now I dont play FPS games, I am mostly into movies and Racing Sims like LFS, GTR2 etc. So I decided to save some dough and go for ATI 3850 512 MB. Hope its not a huge degrade from my 8800GT. The cost difference between them was 30 dollars, but I decided to go for ATI due to picture quality. Hope I made the right choice...

^^ This card came with crazy accessories bundle. Got it from US, the guy threw the cover. But got all the cables. Its got a DVI male to HDMI female adapter. Great package.

Than comes some miscellaneous cables to connect the PC to my new LCD

Lastly the latest Game Addition to my collection... RACEDRIVER GRID. Yet to play the game. Going to UK tonight so no time....

Now things still remaining....

PSU -> Finalized mostly Corsair 620HX for 6k... unless budget becomes an issue...

Water Cooling -> Swiftech H20 Apoogee GT or Swiftech H20 Compact <- getting from wife, she is going to US:tongue:

CPU -> E7200/E7300 or E8400 or Q6600 Yet to finalize.If not on buget would prefer quad. If budget is tight than E7200.

Lots of miscellaneous stuff. Cold Cathodes, UV cables, Sunbeam Fan Controller with LCD, Thermaltake Flow Meter with LCD, 5 High Performance Fans, UV Sata Cables etc. Spray Paint to paint a SCORPION on my cabbie.

Only grouse, the damn side window of CM 690 SUX.... wish I had gone for the cheaper non windowed case and got it modded from KMD, I saw his thread tooo late.:mad: But I guess this is it for now. Hope its good.

SidhuPunjab said:
120+9$ ship, 8800GT is 109$ shipped. 50% performance differance, 3850 = 9600GSO. 21$ more and 4850 151$ :bleh:

^^ I got it from Amazon in $110 Also I realize apart from benching I hardly play FPS games that require a meaty card. I hardly get time to play these days... newly married
Its the same analogy as to why buy Pentium 2180 for 3k when for 2k more you get E7200, than when you think of E7200 for 5k, than why not E7300 for 5.5k, all of a sudden E8400 becomes tempting at the price we are gettiong, well maybe E8500 or throw in the Q6600, and the stuff just goes on and on. We are spoilt for choice in electronics. For every $10 there is a better Power Supply, Processor, Graphic Card to be had... Its lastly the user who decides what he needs.
^^ Why am I being so philosophical :huh: Perhaps justifying my purchase :bleh:

Back