I got conned on instagram, pls advice me on how to go about with it

On telegram there are so many similar channels all fake and many of the channels are related to each other in a chain. So even if they dupe you by 100 bucks the amount is equally split between these channels. My personal research!
Thanks for sharing. Even I was wondering if they all work together. Most of them even promote each other. These kind of people should be traced and punished. So many people online who might become victims. Lets point out some patterns these fraudsters follow to lure people.

First of all, I would like to state that I do acknowledge the fact that I was careless and I did little research on the fraudulent seller and it is solely my fault for trusting the fake seller (@mobiles.sell on instagram)
So the story goes that on the 14th of March, 2021, I saw this instagram ad from mobiles.sell , I was in the look out for a cheap GPU and I saw this ad for colorful gtx 1650 super for Rs.15000. Seeing as how the seller has 10k+ followers, I just browse through his page for a short while and since I was in a hurry, I decided to go ahead with the seller and placed an order for the GPU.

1. All the conversations we had are on whatsapp. His no is 8795295661 (probably not his primary no and is most probably used only for scamming people, it is registered as a business no btw)
2. I asked him if I could make part payment of 50% for booking the item, and pay the remaining amount on product arrival to which he replied 'yes'. I went ahead and made payment of Rs.7000 through google pay to his paytm QR code which he had provided.
3. He then asked me to send my shipping address , which I did.
4. The next day, he asked me to send the remaining amount to which I insist that I would pay when the product arrive as It was mutually agreed upon.
5. I would ask him for the tracking details countless times to which he never gave me.
6. His whatsapp no cannot receive incoming calls, he would not pick up my whatsapp calls, neither would be reply to my messages anymore.
7. He has blocked my no on whatsapp and will probably do so on instagram too very soon.
8. I have transaction ID, UPI ID, chat screenshots etc.

I have written to paytm, gpay and cybercrime.gov.in regarding the same and I am awaiting their response, although I do not have much hope.
It is not a big amount but I do wish to get this guy somehow and take necessary action against him.

Kindly advise me on how to go about with it if any of you have any experience with this kind of situation.
Regards
Nothing you do can get your money back. UPI transaction was authorised by you consciously. The only thing you can do is start posting your experience and expose the fake seller's fraudulent behaviour across social media websites to avoid others from following the same mistake.

Back