I have been scammed by Flipkart and AMD

There are two types of people: those who have been scammed by Flipkart/Ekart and have learned to never purchase there ever again and those who haven’t yet been scammed.

File a chargeback with your card, it’s the only reliable way to get your money back.

As an aside, Flipkart support doesn’t recognize that a customer can be scammed by their services so your best option would be to raise a complaint under ‘Wrong Item Delivered’.

There are two types of people: those who have been scammed by Flipkart/Ekart and have learned to never purchase there ever again and those who haven’t yet been scammed.

File a chargeback with your card, it’s the only reliable way to get your money back.

As an aside, Flipkart support doesn’t recognize that a customer can be scammed by their services so your best option would be to raise a complaint under ‘Wrong Item Delivered’.
It's weird seeing how flipkart has fallen in terms of quality of service provided. Perhaps the new overlords of flipkart don't care much, aiming to maximise profit and then sell it to another organisation.
I once got scammed by flipkart but had taken a video so it was smooth sailing. When the replacement came I told the delivery person what had happened and he allowed me to check the new package before taking delivery.

Anyways, gaining traction on social media on this is likely to help you most as it seems they care more about their image than providing actually good service.

It's weird seeing how flipkart has fallen in terms of quality of service provided. Perhaps the new overlords of flipkart don't care much, aiming to maximise profit and then sell it to another organisation.
I once got scammed by flipkart but had taken a video so it was smooth sailing. When the replacement came I told the delivery person what had happened and he allowed me to check the new package before taking delivery.

Anyways, gaining traction on social media on this is likely to help you most as it seems they care more about their image than providing actually good service.
Flipkart has been crap even before new overlords came in. I stopped using myntra first then flipkart . Both have piss poor customer service.

UPDATE:

After consistent pressure through social media and in-app messages, Flipkart has taken back the item and issued me a refund. Thanks for everyone who wished me good luck. Infact I had taken a video of the pickup guy confirming on video that the seal were intact, in case if they mess up the whole process of refund.

But this does not change the fact that FK is a really bad place to buy such items. The struggle I underwent proves it.

UPDATE:

After consistent pressure through social media and in-app messages, Flipkart has taken back the item and issued me a refund. Thanks for everyone who wished me good luck. Infact I had taken a video of the pickup guy confirming on video that the seal were intact, in case if they mess up the whole process of refund.

But this does not change the fact that FK is a really bad place to buy such items. The struggle I underwent proves it.
FK is indeed FKd long time back! Have highlighted it many times and latest here..

For petty things FK is good just like Snapdeal in fact I will rate SD 50% more trustable.
And its India so be it Intel/AMD its always a luck factor wrt services. To get work done here one has to ample of support on social media else they know the typical Indian tendency..anyone can loot Indians is there primary thought but they dont know we can be baaps of harassers too. when it comes to defending.

Amazon is the only Go to buy platform which can be trusted anyday but again its amazon India so expect chaos..

Glad you got refund.

Also, better to buy computers peripherals from only IT platforms like MD/Vedant/Primeabgb or best walk in any local shop...do not look for a K or two at least you dont fell in such traps.

I recently ordered quantity 2 of a shampoo, they sent only 1. Now wasting my time explaining Flipkart customer care that package is intact but seller screwed up.
This happened to me also that too with the first ever item bought on FK.

The hook is some offer of 2 at a good price. When it arrived only one is there but you have paid more than one.

Now the seller will not send the missing item. YOU have to return the one item and order AGAIN.

How many do ? that's how they get away with it and make more profit :mad:

There is no way to leave seller feedback either. You have to complain to FK and THEY adjust the score.

I use Fk only when i can't find on amazon. So far its been ok barring the one incident.
I don't understand how can they reject the return when the box is still sealed and one can still see that the product inside the box is not the same as what is written on the box.
So the policy must be replacement only then with no refund. I'm sure he wants the product but they won't even address it.
Contacting the customer care was a pain, and after about a dozen attempts repeating the same issue to multiple persons, I finally quit and decided to never use FK again unless I cannot find the product elsewhere.
Dozen ? really ? o_O

Last edited:
Dozen ? really ? o_O
Yeah.. Didn't care much about the supercoins, but the money that I had transferred to them, I wanted to get it back somehow. They managed to break my resolve by making me repeat the same story to a different person each day.

I ordered underwears from Myntra and they came in a tampered packing with one underwear missing. I raised complaint with Myntra and it took two days for them to respond. They asked me to ship it back to their address. It is funny how they can deliver to any remote location but in order to get refund I have to go to post to ship it back. After that I stopped ordering from Mytra.

Whenever i ordered anything from Myntra they would send the wrong size, then they removed free shipping option i my account for too many returns.

Curious to know if AMD responded to your tweets or not @Santy

As for Myntra,
Fortunately I had a great exp. with Myntra..perfect fitting 95% and only once we had to replace something.
For clothing the sizes varies across brands like for a particular brand it may be size L but for other it might be M fit for you. Refer size chart ruler for accuracy.

I was caught up with 1 size less when ordered a shoe even after ordering correct size but just then lockdown was announced and so obviously no replacement/refund was possible so still dealing with those sneakers. They are great except they ache my toes after an hour of walking.

Last edited:
Yeah i agree that was the intent.

FK is going to lose ground to Amazon at this rate and they don't seem very bothered.
Amazon isn't much better in terms of their first line customer service as they simply try to block as much as possible. It is only when you connect at the next level that things work out. Had the same experience with FK, their escalation team usually resolved the issue.

FK works well for a narrow range of products and I have never purchased anything that is not F-Assured and consequently haven't had much headaches compared to Amazon Prime products.

Facts GIF by Judge Jerry

The lady who is responsible for this downfall of FK is enjoying her new venture in Singapore.

By the way amazon is not far behind either in selling fake items.. the good thing about amzn is you can call & talk to a human over phone. 3/5 last purchase were derived fake/used & when logged complain they send correct one.

The lady who is responsible for this downfall of FK is enjoying her new venture in Singapore.

By the way amazon is not far behind either in selling fake items.. the good thing about amzn is you can call & talk to a human over phone. 3/5 last purchase were derived fake/used & when logged complain they send correct one.
most indian startups are like this,once they become big enough they simply sell off for a large amount of money. Most indian startups work on the principal of we love money than we actually are passionate or care about what we have built.

Back