i need suggestions and help for building a complete new gaming pc

Reaper115

Recruit
hi everyone i am now looking for parts in amazon so i can build a pc by myself but i dont know if they are compatible or any good well what i want is a gaming pc that can run all games nowadays on max settings while running smoothly without overclocking it

here are the specs and plz tell me if they are compatible

ASUS LGA 1155 - Z68 - PCIe 3.0 and UEFI BIOS Intel Z68 ATX DDR3 2200 LGA 1155 Motherboards P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3

Intel Core i7-2600K Processor

ASUS AMD Radeon HD 7970 with GPU Tweak and PCIe 3.0 Bus Graphics Cards HD7970-3GD5

or Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB DDR5 HDMI/DVI-I/Dual Mini DP PCI-Express Graphics Card 21197-00-40G

they are the same but i have no idea why they are called differently
<
!! its all from amazon btw and are they really the same or am i missing something here ? one is asus other is sapphire .. answer this question plz ... lets continue

Corsair Professional Series Gold 850-Watt 80 Plus Gold Certified High-Performance Power Supply - CMPSU-850AX

are 850 watts enough for this pc build ?

Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B they are 4x 4GB

Asus 24xDVD±RW Serial ATA Internal OEM Drive DRW-24B1ST (Black)

Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Internal Desktop Hard Drive Bulk/OEM - WD1002FAEX

Windows 7 Professional SP1 64bit (Full) System Builder DVD 1 Pack

Cooler Master HAF X Full Tower w/ SuperSpeed USB 3.0 w/ Window w/ Black Interior ATX Case (RC-942-KKN1) < is this a good case that will fit all of these ?

please tell me if they're all compatible with each other and will run all games at max settings smoothly ? and wont overheat or something like that ... im open for suggestions

as for a monitor i got the HP 2511x 25-Inch LED Monitor - Black

and hd cables Fanatic Digital HDMI-to-HDMI Cable Ultra Clarity 6

soo thats all the components to build a computer but please answer my questions and if u find any component that wont work with the build reply with a suggestion or a link in amazon so i can replace it
<
thank you

i dont know where the edit button is but ... i've found another graphic card which is better i think

Sapphire Radeon HD 6990 4GB DDR5 DVI-I/QUAD MINI DP PCI-Express Graphics Card 100310SR

this is it is it better than the 7970 ? and is it compatible with all of the components ??? and is it very durable or will it burn fast ??? .... imma say it again .. im not gonna over clock and i want a system capable of running all of the games that are out or gonna be out on max settings smoothly oh and can the power supply handle all of these including this new graphic card ?? plz reply fast
<

your GC is an overkill for 1 single monitor that u are purchasing.. unless u want to add 2 more and make it a VFM. Period.

hi everyone i am now looking for parts in amazon so i can build a pc by myself but i dont know if they are compatible or any good well what i want is a gaming pc that can run all games nowadays on max settings while running smoothly without overclocking it

here are the specs and plz tell me if they are compatible

ASUS LGA 1155 - Z68 - PCIe 3.0 and UEFI BIOS Intel Z68 ATX DDR3 2200 LGA 1155 Motherboards P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3

Intel Core i7-2600K Processor

ASUS AMD Radeon HD 7970 with GPU Tweak and PCIe 3.0 Bus Graphics Cards HD7970-3GD5

or Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB DDR5 HDMI/DVI-I/Dual Mini DP PCI-Express Graphics Card 21197-00-40G

they are the same but i have no idea why they are called differently
<
!! its all from amazon btw and are they really the same or am i missing something here ? one is asus other is sapphire .. answer this question plz ... lets continue

Corsair Professional Series Gold 850-Watt 80 Plus Gold Certified High-Performance Power Supply - CMPSU-850AX

are 850 watts enough for this pc build ?

Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B they are 4x 4GB

Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Internal Desktop Hard Drive Bulk/OEM - WD1002FAEX

Cooler Master HAF X Full Tower w/ SuperSpeed USB 3.0 w/ Window w/ Black Interior ATX Case (RC-942-KKN1) < is this a good case that will fit all of these ?

please tell me if they're all compatible with each other and will run all games at max settings smoothly ? and wont overheat or something like that ... im open for suggestions

as for a monitor i got the HP 2511x 25-Inch LED Monitor - Black

and hd cables Fanatic Digital HDMI-to-HDMI Cable Ultra Clarity 6

Are you locked to purchasing all your peripherals from Amazon.com OR are you open to alternates like flipkart.com / TheITWares / PrimeABGB -- all Indian enterprises.

Also as you have not mentioned a budget while surmising your set-up in the post, I will regard as you do not have a locked budget, so this is what I would suggest you go for -->

Intel Core i7 2600k ~17100/- + Noctua NH-U12P SE2 ~3900/- [OR equivalent liquid coolers]

ASUS P8Z68V-PRO ~14500/-

G.Skill RIPJAWS 1600MHz 4GB x2 ~3400/-

AMD HD 7950 ~29500/- [get this card, over-clock it and you will get the same performance as the HD 7970 in most games, thoug productivity applications will be biased towards the HD 7970 -- http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Reviews/AMD_HD_7950/ / http://www.anandtech.com/show/5476/amd-radeon-7950-review/3]

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1 TB [this will be your secondary drive for mass storage] ~6000/- [no need to go for Western Digital Black Edition drives as they do not add substantial performance gains to justify their price premiums]

Corsair Force 3 120GB x2 SSD [RAID 0, primary drives] ~20000/-

Corsair AX 750W ~[I am not aware of the prices, but this will be more than enough for your setup]

LG / Samsung OEM DVD drives ~1000/-

NZXT Tempest EVO OR Corsair Carbide 400R ~5500/- [both these offer better value than the HAF 922] --> http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NZXT/Tempest_EVO/ / http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Corsair/Carbide_400R/

Dell Ultrasharp U2312M ~14500/-

APC BR1.1KVA-IN ~4400/-

Rest components I think are fine, hope the above helped. Cheers!!

my budget is about 2,587 dollars plus the shipping costs and the weight cost that would really kill me ! and i am only locked in amazon cuz thats the only site that my bro trusts and he will do the ordering for me ...

i wont be overclocking my system so i wont need a liquid cooler i think
<
... and i think it would be cheaper for me to have the 7970 video card instead of having the video card you mentioned and the liquid cooler for over clocking oh and i wont be using 2 monitors only 1 and i choosed that video card cuz i dont want to overclock my system to get a higher power and i think the video card in normal mode without overclocking isnt gonna burn am i right ??

i never understood what the ram does but i think i can change it to 8 gb if u can tell me why please do so .... oh and please tell me if they are all compatible and tell me if my system would overheat without having a cpu cooler or is it needed for me to have one ?? cuz i wont be overclocking
<
... reply fast .. thanks <3

my budget is about 2,587 dollars plus the shipping costs and the weight cost that would really kill me ! and i am only locked in amazon cuz thats the only site that my bro trusts and he will do the ordering for me.

You are in India and you do not know about flipkart.com, stop going to Amazon.com and pay shipping charges.

Order at flipkart, get good rates and pan-INDIA free shipping.

i wont be overclocking my system so i wont need a liquid cooler i think
<
... and i think it would be cheaper for me to have the 7970 video card instead of having the video card you mentioned.

You are wrong here, I recommended you to take the HD 7950 [it is one notch below the HD 7970], now why I recommended you the CPU cooler is because of this --> http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cpu-motherboards/142397-cpu-cooler-guide-sandy-bridge.html.

So get a good silent cooler like the Noctua NH-U12P SE2 and get cool temperatures and silence.

The stock Intel HSF is as good as squat for the Core i7 / Core i5 class processors.

Next up, if you are not over-clocking don't buy the Core i7 2600k, get the standard Core i7 2600 [non -k marked] this will help you save upto ~1000/- bucks. Secondly then no need to invest in such an expensive motherboard either, get the ASUS P8H67-M EVO ~7500/-, save up there as well.

i never understood what the ram does but i think i can change it to 8 gb if u can tell me why please do so .... oh and please tell me if they are all compatible and tell me if my system would overheat without having a cpu cooler or is it needed for me to have one ??

For what RAM does --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Random-access_memory.

What is your main purpose with this system.

--> Gaming

--> day to day processing

--> productivity suites [Autodesk MAYA and Adobe PS et al]

How long will you keep this system, do you plan any incremental upgrades [more hard disks OR RAM]

Hope this answers your queries. Cheers!!

Why are you buying a K series processor if you don't intend to overclock? You could also do with a cheaper motherboard...

i want a gaming console ... while surfing the facebook / msn and youtube thats all i do but gaming is a main thing for me ... i wont be editing videos or stuff .. maybe from time to time but gaming is my main thing ....

is the 2600 as fast as the 2600k ?? and will the rest of the components fit to the motherboard u mentioned ??

i plan to keep the pc for lots of years like 6 and more years at least

"i have no idea im not an expert at these things .. i went in some pc building sites and picked the stuff and tried to find them in amazon then i found that all prices in the site are raised 20% so thats why i want to build a gaming pc myself instead of having them to rip me off ...."

i wont be buying a case though imma go ahead and find them in my city cuz the shipping weight will cost me about 200 dollars more ...

how many ram do you suggest me to have so i wont be needing an upgrade for the next 6 years ?

thanks .. plz reply fast " oh and i dont live in india i dont know if this is an indian site or not but i live in kuwait i found this forum in google
<
"

my new list is

ASUS P8H67-M EVO LGA 1155 SATA 6Gbps and USB 3.0 Supported Intel H67 DDR3 1333 Micro ATX Motherboard

Intel Core i7-2600 Processor 3.4GHz 8 MB Cache Socket LGA1155

Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B

+ the windows and stuff ..

should i get a cpu cooler for this build and is it as good as the last one ?? will it run all games nowadays on max settings ??

they say the cpu cooler that comes with the cpu is good enough and more than good for people who dont overclock is that correct ??

and can this motherboard handle a 4x 4GB 1600 mhz ram ? place all ur suggestions and telling me why u suggested that ..

thanks
<

Looks fine. Go for 1333 Mhz RAM if there is a large price difference. 1600Mhz RAM will work as 1333 Mhz default. You could also do just fine with an 8GB RAM kit. Another one can be added later if needed.

Although not necessary, you can consider a CPU cooler if you want lower temperatures/less noise. OCing via multiplier is very simple and since there would only be about a ~$10 difference between the 2600 and the 2600k, go for the later since you can OC a few years down the line for some additional performance. If, so, i'd suggest getting the cooler and the 1600Mhz RAM as well(8 GB is fine). That board's limit for RAM is 32GB across 4 slots.

You could do with a cheaper GPU as well and possibly not lose any performance with current games. Check for benchmarks of games you want to play at 1080p resolution to see if you'll be satisfied with a lower card. Else get the 7950 and you won't be missing anything.

Since you have selected a micro ATX case, make sure you check for graphic card clearance if you are buying a m-atx-only cabinet/case as well.

Everything else looks good.

Back