Monitors I need your opinion on this monitor - AOC 2236Vw

NHS2008

Disciple
Ello heveryone.
I want to have your opinion, suggestion on AOC 2236Vw.
Internet opinions seem favorable, in fact too good. What do you think is it a good buy? I intend to have two of these. One as a PC monitor and Other as a TV with TATASky.
Thank you.

Re: I need your opininon on this monitor.

What parameters are you looking for?You should mention it.Is it for movies ,games,office or what?

NHS2008 said:
Ello heveryone.

I want to have your opinion, suggestion on AOC 2236Vw.

Internet opinions seem favorable, in fact too good. What do you think is it a good buy? I intend to have two of these. One as a PC monitor and Other as a TV with TATASky.

Thank you.

AOC Monitors tend to have dead pixel issues, one of my friends bought it had a dead pixel bang in the centre of the screen, next replacement had them all-over. What is your budget and what is the intended usage mostly apart from TV purpose... gaming, image editing?

Please answer these questions to let us gauge and give you a better answer.

If your budget ~ 14000/- get the Dell Ultrasharp U2311H, the best panel in the sub-15000/- price range. Has an IPS panel compared to standard TN-issue in most monitors, contributes to better color, viewing angles a slight lag in the response time ~ 5ms.

LCD Panel Technology Explained - S-IPS, H-IPS, S-PVA, MVA and TN

Ameet148 said:
What parameters are you looking for?You should mention it.Is it for movies ,games,office or what?
ALPHA17 said:
AOC Monitors tend to have dead pixel issues, one of my friends bought it had a dead pixel bang in the centre of the screen, next replacement had them all-over. What is your budget and what is the intended usage mostly apart from TV purpose... gaming, image editing?

Please answer these questions to let us gauge and give you a better answer.

If your budget ~ 14000/- get the Dell Ultrasharp U2311H, the best panel in the sub-15000/- price range. Has an IPS panel compared to standard TN-issue in most monitors, contributes to better color, viewing angles a slight lag in the response time ~ 5ms.

LCD Panel Technology Explained - S-IPS, H-IPS, S-PVA, MVA and TN
Thanks for the replies Ameet148 & ALPHA17.
I intend to use one as a TV and other as a general Desktop. I do a lot of gaming and movies and Surfing and all.
Why I am inclined towards this model is that its very cheap for a 1080 resolution and 22" size. It seems to have good features too. Also comments seem well apart from a few who have complained about light from top/bottom..and as for dead pixels, If mine unit has them then I can surely get it replaced right? I'll be buying it in person, so I might as well check there..

^^ If you want other options, check the following models too --

Acer H213H 23" LED back-lit monitor ~ 11500/-

BenQ E 2200HD 21.5" LED back-lit monitor ~ 8500/-

Dell ST2220L LED back-lit monitor ~ 8500/-

Samsung B2023N 22" LED back-lit monitor (no HDMI) ~ 8300/-

Hope this helps.

Unlike the Dell Ultrasharp these are all TN based panels.

ALPHA17 said:
^^ If you want other options, check the following models too --

Acer H213H 23" LED back-lit monitor ~ 11500/-
BenQ E 2200HD 21.5" LED back-lit monitor ~ 8500/-
Dell ST2220L LED back-lit monitor ~ 8500/-
Samsung B2023N 22" LED back-lit monitor (no HDMI) ~ 8300/-

Hope this helps.

Unlike the Dell Ultrasharp these are all TN based panels.
Thanks man! will check them out. (Nw, I'm gonna stay up all night!)

Why I was so into that particular model is that its dirt cheap and still good...more bang for the buck.

I would say go for Dell Ultrasharp 2311H as ALPHA17 said.And buy a cheap TV for TATA sky as viewing angle for TN panels are not good.And may be you won't be buying extras like speakers and TV tuner etc.

Dell 2311H is worth each penny.Close your eyes and go for it.

if ur looking for a dirt cheap monitor

Acer s231hl -- 9.8k 23" LED HDMI +dvi

I have an aoc2236vw and it sure is a very nice screen .

Positives:-

1. good colors

2. good contrast ratio .

3. 1080p at very affordable price .

4. matte finish

5. touch buttons

6. The images movies and gaming look quite good .

The negatives :-

1. Mine also has a dead pixel on centre leftish part of the screen (hardly noticeable though)

2. there a lot of bleed through in the panel as in when the screen outputs black area they are greyish and emit light while they should be completely dark .

3. the stand is plasticy and flimsy , just move the pc table and your screen will go into simple harmonic motion :p

4. the auto adjust setting interphase though was meant to be a pro but rather seems to be a con as it does anything it likes , sometimes 10% of picture is out of panel and its a pain to get it back to normal with those horrid touch menu .

So id say if you are very tight on budget like i was go for this screen eyes closed , else there are many out there with a little higher price and lesser negatives .

Glad that i could help.

cheers :)

Ameet148 said:
I would say go for Dell Ultrasharp 2311H as ALPHA17 said.And buy a cheap TV for TATA sky as viewing angle for TN panels are not good.And may be you won't be buying extras like speakers and TV tuner etc.

Dell 2311H is worth each penny.Close your eyes and go for it.

Yes, I am very much inclined towards it..
v.Na5h said:
if ur looking for a dirt cheap monitor
Acer s231hl -- 9.8k 23" LED HDMI +dvi
Thanks for yet another good suggestion, will look that up.
Crazy_Eddy said:
Avoid using a TN panel for your TV.
Yes, I think I will get the Dell IPS model for TV.
buddingwhizkid said:
I have an aoc2236vw and it sure is a very nice screen .
Positives:-
1. good colors
2. good contrast ratio .
3. 1080p at very affordable price .
4. matte finish
5. touch buttons
6. The images movies and gaming look quite good .

The negatives :-
1. Mine also has a dead pixel on centre leftish part of the screen (hardly noticeable though)
2. there a lot of bleed through in the panel as in when the screen outputs black area they are greyish and emit light while they should be completely dark .
3. the stand is plasticy and flimsy , just move the pc table and your screen will go into simple harmonic motion :p
4. the auto adjust setting interphase though was meant to be a pro but rather seems to be a con as it does anything it likes , sometimes 10% of picture is out of panel and its a pain to get it back to normal with those horrid touch menu .

So id say if you are very tight on budget like i was go for this screen eyes closed , else there are many out there with a little higher price and lesser negatives .
Glad that i could help.
cheers :)

Thanks dude for the elaborate review! I intend to use it for gaming and movie viewing. Is the bleeding really bad? I will go check out myself though but still...thanks again!

EDIT: Looks like we have very similar setups! if I end up getting that monitor, It'll be even similar! :D

buddingwhizkid said:
haha . :D
My setup is pure bang for buck . unlocked cores , dx11 card 1080p screen etc. :D
Yeah, thats what I am for exactly! what temps do you get with that Oc'? have you set it from BIOS or Overdrive?
Also Is bleeding really that bad? how are the blacks?

How much exactly is this AOC screen? (+ shipping)

(After 3 years of using my 19" AOC with absolutely no issues, I'm looking for another el cheapo LCD with HDMI and 1080P)

NHS2008 said:
Yeah, thats what I am for exactly! what temps do you get with that Oc'? have you set it from BIOS or Overdrive?
Also Is bleeding really that bad? how are the blacks?
I could go upto 3.6ghz with stock cooler with a little undervolting my temps were max 48C on 100% load (woot :D)
But i am currently running the proccy on stock 2 cores 3.2ghz as i am not gaming these days .
Ill shift to 4 cores 3.0 ghz when i start gaming in a few days .
And i used bios ofcourse, AMD OVERDRIVE is for noobs and sux .

The bleed is not that bad while gaming and usual computing , while movies it gives me a pain to watch the screen from lower angle . i.e. when i am lying down and the screen is above my eye level . if you know what i mean .
Plus the stand on the screen is not very adjustable :(

buddingwhizkid said:
I could go upto 3.6ghz with stock cooler with a little undervolting my temps were max 48C on 100% load (woot :D)
But i am currently running the proccy on stock 2 cores 3.2ghz as i am not gaming these days .
Ill shift to 4 cores 3.0 ghz when i start gaming in a few days .
And i used bios ofcourse, AMD OVERDRIVE is for noobs and sux .

The bleed is not that bad while gaming and usual computing , while movies it gives me a pain to watch the screen from lower angle . i.e. when i am lying down and the screen is above my eye level . if you know what i mean .
Plus the stand on the screen is not very adjustable :(
bout Oc' cool! I am currently using it on stock cooling and unlocked with temps ranging from 38-43 when normal usage and 48-52 at load. I kept it unlocked as it speeds up stuff like video conversion or unrarring and other succh things.. :D
and Bleeding.. Means there is no bleeding when you are sitting in front? how are the horizontal view angles? is there color distortion/bleeding there? :O
thanks for the info!

Back