I want a DFI Lanparty UT nF3 250gb

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCSI

Adept
As from the topic I want a DFI Lanparty UT nF3 250gb. a new or old one wud do. I have seen many forum users having DFI. They said they got thru TE users only. So plz lemme know if sumbody wants 2 give off DFI Lanparty UT nF3 250gb at a decent price

afaik there is only 1 DFI NF3 250GB board on TE,that belongs to Chaos,who wont part with it till he gets equivalent board to it.

ANyways best of luck finding one.

Ok, I am a bit of a noob here, but why is it called "nF3 250GB" ? I got the "nF3" part but didnt get the "250GB" part :huh:

anishcool said:
Ok, I am a bit of a noob here, but why is it called "nF3 250GB" ? I got the "nF3" part but didnt get the "250GB" part :huh:
there was an earlier version to the nf3 called ' 150GB ' , so i guess 250GB is the next revision .

250 GB = one with Gigabit lan onboard.

for example -
Asus K8N-E-Deluxe has Nforce 3 250GB chipset and sports onboard Gigabit LAN.
Now the Asus K8N plain one has Nforce 3 250 chipset and has 100 MBps Lan.

I guess that will clarify your doubt.

OT :

A lil addition to darky's post :

At launch, there were really just two Athlon 64 chipsets - the nVidia nForce3 150 and VIA K8T800.

The 150 chipset was criticized widely for using just 600 HyperTransport when the AMD specification was 800, and almost everyone found fault with the out-dated feature set with nF3-150. The 150 chipset was criticized widely for using just 600 HyperTransport when the AMD specification was 800.

There was no performance differences at all between the VIA 800HT and the nVidia 600HT in tests of Socket 754 Athlon 64.

The PCI lock did not work in production nF3-150 motherboards.

It was then that NVidia launched the nf3 250 chipset . Here are the specifications :

1. nForce3-250 - basic value chipset for 754, 800HT, does not include on-chip Gigabit LAN or on-chip Firewall.
2. nForce3-250Gb - 800HT, includes Gigabit LAN and on-chip Firewall.

With the coming introduction of Socket 939, there will also be two additional versions of the chipset introduced:

3. nForce3-250Gb Ultra - 1000HT, Gigabit LAN, Firewall, Dual-Channel unbuffered, for Athlon 64/Athlon 64 FX.
4. nForce3-250Gb Ultra PRO - 1000HT, Gigabit LAN, Firewall, for Opteron.

Source

^^ There was a difference. Very noticeable one in profession apps and spec benchmarks. To add to that the HT bus on Via K8T800/NF3 250GB is 16bit/200MHz(Quad pumped AFAIK... depends on the LDT multiplier). The HT bus on the NF3 150 was 8bit, 600 MHz. Also the NF3 250/250GB is the only chipset to have lan capabilities in the chipset itself. Also my board is not for sale yet :D.

well I really think have no luck anyways if anyone finds one to sell plz inform me

BTW chaos if u ever sell ur mobo plz do contact meeee

^^ Which proccy do you own SCSI ? Cause I think a A8N-E + 3000+ (Venice) would make more sense...

Thanks to all for clarifying the doubts :eek:hyeah:

anishcool said:
^^ Which proccy do you own SCSI ? Cause I think a A8N-E + 3000+ (Venice) would make more sense...

Well I have A64 3200+ (ClawHammer Core, CG rev[exchanged my C0 rev of same CPU with my friend who hates OC'ing and is very afraid :rofl: :bleh: :tongue: ], S-754 :mad: )

BTW Chaos & Sunny How u ppl got DFI mobos??? From abroad????

anishcool said:

He has a s754 3200+ chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back