I Want To Buy An Xbox ...Any Advice?

yohanns23

Disciple
Hi Im Planning To Buy An Xbox...Im Looking For An Elite...I Know Its Only In The US....Does Anyone In The Forum Sell One?....

And If Yes Does The US Adapter Work Here In India?
Thanks!

You will need a 230v to 110v step down transformer for the setup. The X does not have a built in converter unlike the PS3.

I suggest you wait a bit so you could buy one from India with the warranty. Perhaps by the month end the new X360 S should hit the Indian shores. MS will not touch a console from abroad - you may know it already.

I got my XBOX 360 Elite in India (Local Planet M store) with official warranty, but it seems they are no longer available anywhere in India. Has MS stopped selling them in India or is it that retailers are not stocking them?

In any case, I would recommend that you wait for the newly revised version to be available in India.

I haven't seen the Elite console in the major retail outlets in ages. I think the heavy pricing on those models tend to waive off the average consumer, thus reducing sales. Check with KMD, he can give you a price estimation of the Elite model to be shipped to India via US.

Desecrator said:
You will need a 230v to 110v step down transformer for the setup. The X does not have a built in converter unlike the PS3.

I suggest you wait a bit so you could buy one from India with the warranty. Perhaps by the month end the new X360 S should hit the Indian shores. MS will not touch a console from abroad - you may know it already.
not really and not by the end of the month

Consoles don't sell that well in India

MS will first dump all the existing old 360's to India,sell them and then introduce XBOX S and don't know what that will cost as that doesn't have an Arcade version yet

Went to Palika ( Delhi ) yesterday . Couple of shops had 360 elite price was around 18K i think. Idk if too high or not but one can always negotiate at palika.

Just for info latest console price @ Palika :

1) 360 Arcade + xtra controller + HDMI cable = 15k (Mod)
2) 360 Pro + Xtra Controller =17K (Mod)
3) PS3 + xtra controller = 19k
4) PS3 God of War edition = 21k (with bill)
5) Wii = 12.5k (Mod)
6) PS2 + xtra controller = 6K (Mod)
7) 360 Elite = 18K ( with 2 free titles)

krisdkiller said:
Went to Palika ( Delhi ) yesterday . Couple of shops had 360 elite price was around 18K i think. Idk if too high or not but one can always negotiate at palika.

Just for info latest console price @ Palika :

1) 360 Arcade + xtra controller + HDMI cable = 15k (Mod)
2) 360 Pro + Xtra Controller =17K (Mod)
3) PS3 + xtra controller = 19k
4) PS3 God of War edition = 21k (with bill)
5) Wii = 12.5k (Mod)
6) PS2 + xtra controller = 6K (Mod)
7) 360 Elite = 18K ( with 2 free titles)
Which shop? The 360 Elite is old Elites rite? With HDMI cable n all that stuff? Cuz i think if its the old stock then u can even JTAG it!!

apextwin146 said:
Which shop? The 360 Elite is old Elites rite? With HDMI cable n all that stuff? Cuz i think if its the old stock then u can even JTAG it!!
apex do try 2 no shop in palika...its called the Electronic shoppe....am sure they have it

Its confirmed that the new Xbox 360 is coming to India. The price should be around 20k mark and grey piece could be around of the price you are getting elite for. I recommend you to hold your purchase for a month or 2 and get the newer and ever sexier console :D

I am sure elite price will drop even further and that will be best time to decide and spend your hard earned money.

yeah, shop no. 2, there will be a sardarji and from my experience, i can tell he is one of the genuine guys out there.. you can definitely trust him if buying a legitimate console i.e. unmodded/packed at grey prices..

@krisdkiller, did they give a quote of 16k for the ps3 slim.. brand new, packed and with bill/warranty? pal or ntsc? lotsa ques, i know.. :p

Back