Monitors I won a Ps3 :) Now I need to buy a LCD :(

vebk

Adept
I won a ps3!!! :hap2: :hap2: Hooray for me!!! While I am overjoyed beyond words, it does mean that I have to spend some big bucks for that HD goodness.

I was anyway planning on buying a LCD monitor for work purposes (word docs, PDFs) and for general movie viewing. So now I have to add a ps3 to that list. :eek:hyeah:

So is there any 22" - 24" monitor that comes with the following:

1. Full HD (1080p)
  2. HDMI and Component/Composite inputs (besides the obvious DVI)
  3. Swivel option (so that monitor can be viewed in portrait mode)
  4. Channel changing option (so that switching between the PC, ps3 and TV input is easy with the press of a button, and doesn't require changing channels every time).

(Budget is roughly 20 - 25K but the cheaper the better).

The only monitor I can think of is the Dell E2408WFP but unfortunately due to availability / pricing issues, I can't get that.

Any other suggestions? :huh:

The BenQ 22" is fullHD for 13.5K. There's a thread about it here. Or else, any other 24" would be fullHD.

Congrats on your PS3! :)

Balkazzaar said:
congrats for the gr8 win....btw...err...dont u think this thread shud come in the console section...?????????

hes not asking anything abt the console ...his query is regarding the LCD monitor which he needs to buy........

Hey nobody is interested about what the guy asked. Everybody wants to know how he got the PS3.

Well its fair though you should tell us about it to settle that interest down so that people concentrate on your problem at hand.

it is very hard to get a lcd in 25k with portrait mode swivel

only three options are true 1080p within 25k & those are Benq E2400HD, Benq M2400HD & Dell S2409W

rest of the 24" are 1920x1200 but support 1080p with tiny black bars on top & bottom

Ok Ok. Yes it's Tech2. First time in my life that I have won anything, so buri nazar waaloan tera moon kaala. :bleh:

Coming back to my question - I don't mind the black bars. I have been watching widescreen movies on my 4:3 TV / Monitor for years. I am sure the vertical bars in displaying 1080 in 1200 would be mild compared to that.

But portrait mode is key for me. As are the rest of the features I described in the original post:
# Full HD (1080p)
# HDMI and Component/Composite inputs (besides the obvious DVI)
# Swivel option (so that monitor can be viewed in portrait mode)
# Channel changing option (so that switching between the PC, ps3 and TV input is easy with the press of a button, and doesn't require changing channels every time).

As far as I know changing to potrait mode is done by software, atleast it is on my monitor.

So, all you need to do is get any HD monitor, and change the stand.

Back