Car & Bike i20 or Dzire under 6Lk?

sahil678

Disciple
Hi guys,
I'm planning to book swift dzire but don't like its interior quality but overall i'm impressed with the package(exterior,boot space) but i20 seems to be better package (interiors,exteriors,overall) but no big boot:huh:..
I want to purchase a petrol version for city driving and big bootspace will be excellent value for money
Please suggest me what to do:(:(

Comparing two different segments really - not to say the difference in quality between the two. That said, the i20 can be made to carry more luggage by folding the rear seats. Since you mention city driving, the i20 would be a more practical choice due to the smaller size. In addition, IINM, the Dzire petrol is not easily available and requires some written confirmation along with a hefty booking amount before it can be sourced

Dzire has around 3 months booking period and around 50K booking amt which seems not to be not appropriate considering that many new cars will be launched in dec.2010 and jan 2011 like etios but will they be worth to wait

if you want to buy a petrol car with good boot space then polo shall be under consideration.

swift petrol may set you back in FE.

i20 for my opinion is not strongly built. the steering does feel very light but that happens t be a problem at higher speeds and results in low accuracy.

get swift dzire only if you are considering diesel.

btw the wait game is with most cars.

you can also get skoda fabia. now comes with 1.6L petrol. volkswagen polo and skoda fabia share the same engine. skoda fabia is supposed to be 40-50k cheaper so 1.2L may be around 6L. waiting period is around 3-5weeks. if you find the car appealing then it is a great option considering boot space too.

Skoda ASS is handled by VW (for fabia atleast)and can be considered better than what it used to be.

eww!!! no TATA, engine roars like tractor even at a standstill
Hope so that ETIOS will be good VFM so let's wait till 1st dec.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@madnav: how is your POLO and what about it's maintenance,service ride comfort and mileage

^ car is too new to comment about FE and maintenance,

ride comfort is top in its class.

service interval, as mentioned before is 15000km / 365day whichever comes early..

@ sahil678's

I was in same dilemma as u; My dad wanted to have Dzire and me dont wanna have "Swift" NO i dont hate swift (Actually i enjoy driving my friend swift DDis ) the only thing annoys is its very common car and maruti is taking Indians granted as providing cheap interiors for 6l+ car

I done lot of research and then decided to book i20 it looks gr8(subjective), interior feels premium , good featurs, good mileage , good after sales ( ya 1st is maruti but Hyundai is not lagging behind)

Swift dzire is nothing but boot is added to Swift thats it; so if you require to have boot then go ahead and have Dzire otherwise IMO i20 is best option

If you required diesel then i will suggest ford Figo (VFM) as i20 diesel(which i booked:eek:hyeah:) will cross your allocated budget.

Whatever people say and tell you please go and TD the cars with your family and then decide...

All the best:D

@swapnil:
thanx for your help, i'll go and test drive the cars and let's see which can impress me the most
diesel is not preferred because the car will not be used much so petrol will be a good option

Do not go for i20 if you want a petrol car, because i20 has a 1.2L engine under the hood which the i10 also carries. This makes the i20 a bit under-powered if analysed! Go for it when you want a DIESEL one.

And, if you don't mind. Try TATA INDIGO MANZA(DIESEL). My dad owns(given to him by his office) it and has the same engine which the LINEA has. Its was good car with lots of boot space and also has ample space inside. Do not worry about the engines roaring and the car tearing down as it has been time its with us and has been doing a good job so far. I myself am not TATA fanboi, but i am telling my experience!

And about polo, the space inside and in the boot is questionable. I was impressed only by the exterior looks of the car. But, when i got to sit on the rear sit was a bas experience. Driving pleasure is awesome but space doesn't get the benefit of the doubt.

I too was in the same dilemma but have decided to go for the i20. Trust me, do not listen to people who keep saying that i20 is underpowered as that is not a good reason to completely ignore the car. The whole 'under-powered' tag is given to the car by enthusiastic drivers. For regular joes the car performs well. You're not going to climb hills with a fully loaded car everyday, are you? Drive one and ignore only if you strongly feel the urge to drive a more responsive car. The overall package that i20 provides is excellent and even if it costs a bit more, if you really look at what you are getting, you may find it (I daresay!) a value for money package. I drove Ritz and i20 back to back and I experienced a better ride in the i20.

swapnil6788 said:
@sahil678
had u TD'd the car and wats ur final decision ?
I've got fed up from the sales guys here as they don't have a demo car :mad:,went to hyundai showroom-no i20 demo vehicle available,Dzire-no demo vehicle available..:mad::mad:
But the good thing is booking amt for Dzire has decreased from 50K to 5K which is refundable .:D
Maruti gave me another offer on SX-4 Vxi which will cost me arnd 6.68Lk:clap:
so planning to increase my budget a lil.more but still confused that will it be worth to purchase SX-4 or shall i wait till Jan when more cars will be launched:huh:

If its the on road price , then its a pretty good deal . SX4 is a nice car , has a good amount of torque and good ground clearance (180 mm i think) .

Back