i7 930 is here !!! Wohoo!!

Hey all today i got my hands on this I7 930 proccy...just for 14500.. from primeabgb amamzinly very good price... same price as 920 ..lol i guess no one willbuy 920 now.. This 930 has 22x multiplier on turbo..havent O.C so much.. just running on 3.6ghz. with vcore of 1.165.. on 1st attempty then will try to lower it down once prime is stable for couple of hours.. i had C0 and was waiting for this cpu to come out and got it today.. I checked out lot of reviews on this on xtreme systems where people said that this o.c really well then 920 D0 and does 4ghz easily .. so need to get my hands on that .. But not now.Temp idle on 3.6 ghz is 39-40 and on full load goes to 58-60 prime 95.
20b1qnc.jpg

2niae4o.jpg

2h3z977.jpg

24xihbb.png

930 is suppose to replace the 920, and it was launched at same price as 920.

The problem is multiplier only.

The 22x multiplier is headache. i7s dont play well in terms of performance and stability with even multipliers. odd multipliers tend to do much better than even multies.

if you had good batch 920, you should have stuck with it in turbo mode.

if it was average 920, no harm in experimenting :p

Are you married! else you really need to get hitched soon
If this trend continues, we might need a dedicated showoff section for you

Congrats Ankit :)

hehe .. i didnt had to pay any single money for.. just made some quick system sales yesterday..and amt was pended with prime so..i though of using that to upgrade...i dont spend anything from my pocket.. just meet the sales target for the month and ur upgrade is done :D .. sales.. strategy ... :D

anks22402 said:
hehe .. i didnt had to pay any single money for.. just made some quick system sales yesterday..and amt was pended with prime so..i though of using that to upgrade...i dont spend anything from my pocket.. just meet the sales target for the month and ur upgrade is done :D .. sales.. strategy ... :D

whoo what is that sale target let us also know;) i also wanna sale something:p

Anyways Congrats

^ thanks buddy ... now it's not needed ... I though Intel had increased associativity for L3 cache .. but nope .. it's same at i7 920 :)

There must be some catch in this Shin Chan. Come on out with it, what's the secret of these upgrades?

Both you and Shripad are like the only people going ballistic on frequent hardware upgrades. It's literally insane. :S

Back