IC : ASRock 4Core1600P35-WiFi LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard

ajex

Adept
hey ya all,
i am eyeing an upgrade in the near future .... browsing through newegg when i saw this mobo.... it has wifi + DDR3 support + latest procs and not to forget the P35 chipset .... and the price is $120 ... making it a bit competitive ....

check this link:
Newegg.com - ASRock 4Core1600P35-WiFi LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
13-157-122-05.jpg

i know IP35-e is great for p35 ... but if u get more things like ddr3 and wifi and 1600FSB and a e-sata with the same solid state capacitors in almost the same price of ip35-e... then what are we waiting for ....

plz lemme know about this board .... we can request KMD for a GO

Regards,
Ajex

its a nice board , i had used asrock board earlier for a pals system build since he was low on budget , ofcourse that was the socket 478 that time , the board still works fine without any issues what so ever....so Asrock boards are preety decent........

So , if u have a budget to spend on the PCI gfx card or u have one already or u dont actually want onboard video , this board is gr8........its got all solid caps too !....and im sure it will OC good too :)

well for $19 more u can get a asus p5kc(free shipping newegg) which supports ddr2 & ddr3 or gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R supports ddr2 & ddr3 as well as 1600fsb.

there is also two other asrock mother boards that have the same features the one without wifi costs $119 ,and another without solid state cap and no wifi costs $95.

also asrock is also owned by asus.

here are a few reviews :
"http://www.cpu3d.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3769&Itemid=54&limit=1"][/URL]
VERDICT & CONCLUSION

The overall performance of the ASRock wasn't bad at all. Using DDR3 ram, it produced some respectable scores in our benchmarks. Although the ASRock may not overclock that well, it certainly makes it up in other areas. I guess they never really intended this motherboard to appeal to the enthusiasts ... of course not ... it's an ASRock. The ASRock 4Core1600P35-WiFi+AP will however, appeal to mostly budget/mainsteam users who's after a no-frills P35 based motherboard that can offer decent performance with lots of features.

The extra features is definitely one of its selling point. These include an eSATA connector found on the ATX I/O panel, onboard WiFi, SATA Raid, HD audio, gigabit ethernet, firewire, as well as offering support for 1600FSB, Crossfire configuration, DDR2 and DDR3 ram. So as you can see ... it's pretty feature-packed motherboard considering it's aimed at the budget/mainsteam market.

There's no heat pipe cooling on the ASRock ... just a plain old chipset heatsink. It's nothing impressive and looks pretty boring, but I guess does an adequate job. And if you think that jumpers for FSB are a thing of the past ... think again. ASRock just love jumpers. I remember my first ever ASRock motherboard, it too uses jumpers ... 6 years later, they're still using jumpers for FSB. It' nothing to worry about ... just make sure you select the right jumper settings for the right FSB of your processor.

[Phoronix] ASRock 4Core1600P35-WiFi+ Review
Conclusion:

The ASRock 4Core1600P35-WiFi+ isn't the best P35-based motherboard we've seen by any means -- especially when compared to the ASUS Blitz Extreme or Gigabyte GA-P35-DSP -- but this is one hell of a budget motherboard! ASRock has stepped up to the plate and has delivered an excellent offering that has wowed us in nearly every respect. This motherboard offers Gigabit ethernet, IEEE-1394a Firewire, and even 802.11g WiFi, but best of all it all worked "out of the box" in Linux. Adding to the feature-set on this motherboard are all solid capacitors, compatibility with Intel Yorkfield and Wolfdale processors, one eSATA port, and ATI CrossFire compatibility. This motherboard is also friendly to those that gradually upgrade their systems, as it boasts DDR2 and DDR3 compatibility and a 1600MHz CPU FSB in an overclock mode. At this time, the pricing is not known, but we would expect this motherboard will be available for under $100 USD. ASRock has made a very successful entry with the 4Core1600P35-WiFi+ motherboard and is the best budget P35 motherboard we have seen to date when it comes to the features, performance, and Linux compatibility.

a bit of mixed reviews :S .....

Back