IC: HP Laptops

hiflier

Disciple
My dealer has offered me a deal on HP laptops.

If there around 10 orders for a model then he will give roughly 10% (or more) off on the street price.

I will be taking a few for my research work. If there is interest something can be done to benefit all. Payment / shipping will be direct from my dealer. You will get a proper bill (I think of undiscounted amount) and full all India warranty direct from HP.

Please post here if you are interested in some particular model of HP.

I presume HP is also like most other manufacturers, stuck with Core Duo processor T2050 based HP 530 laptops. They are all trying to get rid of these at discounts. 32k here for HP Zenith is selling a similar config lappy for 28k.

not to crap the GO..but its a fact that with most dealers, u can bargain for like 2-3 k on a 50k laptop easily.....rest depends on how u get along with him ;)

4-5 months back i picked up a sony vaio for a friend (pink :p ) for 57k when the mrp was 60k. needed in a hurry so went to the guy who had them in stock. he wasnt even my regular guy :)
+ with ur GO, ppl will have to pay shipping too (around 1k with bluedart say). so its not a huge difference actually. :)
just my 2 cents on why not a whole lotta ppl might be interested.

difference is that here the MRP is 42K (sells for 40K) and the GO is comming to 32K.

if the 530 numbers r healthy (total 15 or more, i m already taking 6), we may come to 31K. :D

and this is the business line of HP (not a Compaq model rebranded as HP after the merger). IMHO, much better than Zenith, Acer etc. (and a little better than Dell also) in built quality.

aha..but its still an older model they are tryin to remove stocks of i guess ;) so that particular model will prob have hefty discounts everywhere then :) anyway, dont mean to crap ur GO. And its prob still cheaper from buyin locally :) so nice GO and hope ppl who r plannin to get one take advantage of it :D

How bout the model number? i can check up locally n let you kno how much it is here. That way if there is a HUGE difference ppl will be more interested in urs i guess :D + that will be the difference between ur price n the local dealer MRP, not total MRP. so ppl get a better comparison :)

^^ it will be a great help if u can check up and get a better price. on my threads everyone is welcome to suggest a better way to organise a GO. ultimate aim is to get better deals for TE members.

OK guys closing the deal soon. final price is 31K ex-Kanpur. shipping and packaging will be at actuals. post here if interested. will create a GO soon.

specs of the HP 530:
HP530/ Intel Core Duo T2300E(1.66Ghz, 667MHz FSB, 2MB L2 Cache) /15.4" Widescreen Bright View Screen/ 512 MB DDR 2 667MHz/ 80GB SATA HDD @ 5400rpm/ DVD +/- RW / Integrated Wireless 802.11a/b/g / Ethernet 10/100/ Touchpad/ Li-Ion Batt/ 1 Year On-Site Warranty

for 31K.

HP is anyday better than Compaq.

whoever is seriously interested please post here.

as of now I am only looking at this laptop. sorry..... will post if something else works out.

OK HP 520 (almost same specs but with 14inch TFT and 0.3Kg lesser weight) is also available for the same price as part of the deal. here are the specs:-

HP520/ Intel Core Duo T2050 (1.6Ghz, 533MHz FSB, 2MB L2 Cache) /14" Widescreen Bright View Screen/ 512 MB DDR 2 667MHz/ 80GB SATA HDD @ 5400rpm/ DVD +/- RW / Integrated Wireless 802.11a/b/g / Ethernet 10/100/ Touchpad/ Li-Ion Batt/ 1 Year On-Site Warranty/ Weighing only 2.3Kg

Back