Car & Bike ICE for Santro Xing under 20k

Hi
I decided to upgrade my car with some really good audio equipment. My budget allows me to go upto 20k for the whole setup.
Kindly note that as of now, there are no audio units in my car.

I just searched online and found some suggestions. Tell me whether these are any good-

Head Unit - Kenwood U6046 or U4549SD or U549BT
Front Speakers - Hertz DCX100 (Socket allows only upto 4")
Rear Speakers - JBL GTO 949 or Infinity 9633i on MDF tray(if required)
Will I be requiring an AMP?

These are the basic configurations I just found. Do contribute pls.

Music - Pop, Indian, Trance. etc.
I love that resonating bass, not the one that distort & blow my eardrums.

i just put a 20 odd k ice in my chevy beat.

jl audio t400 4 inch speakers for the front[4800] - these are the only quality speakers at this size on a budget.they charged me 4.8 k from avenue sound but it totally matches the sound coming from the rear.
gto 949[4500] - have put these on the rear parcel tray and these sound as much as i expected.good speakers at a good price,nothing more,nothing less!
head unit - if you go for a sub 5 k headunit then you have enough room to accomodate a quality amp and a sub too.i personally went for a double din headunit called jvc kw 700 bt which set me back by 13 k and hence eating most of my budget.

I can only accommodate a 1-DIN head unit on my Santro. No extra space.
How is the bass coming from the GTO 949 or should I be looking at something better? Will there be an improvement with an Amp?

it is not as high as i hoped.but i cannot say for sure as i may be underpowering them,only an amp can give a definite answer.
i do plan to add one in the next few weeks and i do expect an increase in the sound.
try to accommodate a head unit in 4 k then you can get absolute monster sound by diverting the cash at the speakers.my recommendation-
1 - jl audio - 4.8 k
2 - gto 949 4.5 k
3 - pioneer amp or the same 4 to 5 k
4 - sub 3 k

as far as I've searched, everyone's recommending Kenwood for better sound quality. and that doesn't come anywhere under 8.5k. I require USB connectivity.

as far as I've searched, everyone's recommending Kenwood for better sound quality. and that doesn't come anywhere under 8.5k. I require USB connectivity.

agreed,kenwood has incredible sound.if you want a audiophile headunit,it is unlikely you will manage to get an amp in this budget.

I went to a local car accessory shop and they recommended the following setup -

Alpine CDE121E - 6.4k
Infinity 9633i - 5.7k
Jbl CS4 - 1.4k
MDF Tray - 1.1k

Total upto 15k.

I have doubts as to whether i should go for the Alpine or a Kenwood ?

So I went to the car shoppe and got the following items installed -

Alpine CDE121E - 6.4k
Infinity 9633i (Rear on MDF Tray) - 5.7k
Jbl CS4 (Front 4" Socket) - 1.4k
Tray - 1.1k
Antenna- 0.3k

Total - 14.9k

I love the sound coming from the Infinity. I'd like to improve it more.
I'll probably be investing in an Amp later this month. Any suggestions? I want to see if it can compensate for a Subwoofer for now. Else that'll also be coming in a few months.

Back