Ice Ice Baby....

Hi guys just got the coolermaster gemini cpu cooler for my amd x2 5200+ ...man one thing is for sure this is some huge cooler....as is compared with all the highend cpu cooler......and is told that it is better than some of best in the market...

OK then I bought it as it had labled that it can be installed on am2 socket....got home opened up my case.....mounted the am2 braket on the heat sink and the problem arose.....the heat sink can only be mounted on horizontal type only and not on vertical type which I have that is M2N32-SLI Deluxe MB....

1163_l.jpg

cpu.jpg

But I was not in the mood to return this heatsink...so I thought of modifing the heatsink mounting bracket....

the original was like this...

21.jpg

so i have to modified the mounting with making four holes and to machine to side in the inside of the brackets...

2222-1.jpg

So I got it machined and installed it on the vertical MB...here are pics of the same....

Untitled-1-10.jpg

DSC_3379.jpg

inside the cabinet....with two 120mm fans...

Untitled-2-2.jpg

Wow, that has really taken some effort. and thats a cool mod I have to say. Congrats on the buy :) . How much did it cost you? And do post ur before ;) and after temperatures :)

Edit : looks like it is quite huge for a SLB. You had to remove the rear exhaust and it is almost touching the floppy drive. Thats one huge cooler

wow lovely & huge stuff there :O Congrats

where did you get it from & how much did you pay?

show some temperature results

HOLY SMOKES !!! is that a heat sink on a mother board or a mother board mounted onto a heat sink :eek:hyeah: ... and I thought my Thermalright SI-128 with a single 120mm fan was oversized.

If you want you can attach a 120mm fan to the fan mounting at back of case by attaching it from outside the case - place a rubber washer between fan and case and it will keep the fan blades away from the cases finger protecting mesh - if you do attach this fan dont forget to use a finger guard grill on outer side of the fan !!!

khimera said:
Wow, that has really taken some effort. and thats a cool mod I have to say. Congrats on the buy :) . How much did it cost you? And do post ur before ;) and after temperatures :)

Edit : looks like it is quite huge for a SLB. You had to remove the rear exhaust and it is almost touching the floppy drive. Thats one huge cooler

Eazy said:
HOLY SMOKES !!! is that a heat sink on a mother board or a mother board mounted onto a heat sink :eek:hyeah: ... and I thought my Thermalright SI-128 with a single 120mm fan was oversized.

If you want you can attach a 120mm fan to the fan mounting at back of case by attaching it from outside the case - place a rubber washer between fan and case and it will keep the fan blades away from the cases finger protecting mesh - if you do attach this fan dont forget to use a finger guard grill on outer side of the fan !!!

ya man I have done the same as you have suggested before....here is the pic..

cpu-rear.jpg

Nice Stuff man, and pretty good price too :), looks like you have pushed the SLB to the limit, good cable management too, Great work.

ultra vires said:
nice comp u have there :)

is that supposed to be a server or something ?? coz u have 4 HDD's there with a server cabby :|

haha, dude you called SLB a server cabby:rofl:

Saiyan said:
Nice Stuff man, and pretty good price too :), looks like you have pushed the SLB to the limit, good cable management too, Great work.

ya now I feel that the SLB is quite small for all the stuff I have installed in it...hope to get some stacker for it.....

checked a couple of reviews. the performance seems similar to a big typhoon, but the advantage is that it helped drop the chipset temps & also i think the ram will stay cooler.

low_bass_makker said:
I got it from SMC Nehru place....price not much but a lot for CPU Cooler...3.5k...without the fans.....

Thats a top notch Indian price for this beast. I had expected that it would be priced near the 4.5k mark. Now theres going to be some more on TE . :eek:hyeah:

Back