ICICI B2 Account Closure?

smnrock

Skilled
I opened this online only account from ICICI somewhere in 2008 when they launched this B2 service, but never actively used it, infact forgot about it completely. Today received mail from ICICI, saying it will be converted into regular saving account with zero balance option. But i already have one savings account from around 2001 or so which i continue to use. So was looking to close this B2 account in their website, but did not see any such option. Even their support number is not answerable by any human, disconnected after holding for 20 mins or so.

Any one has experience of closing this B2 account?

Their process was to visit an ICICI branch, submit a handwritten letter stating the account number and then they would fax that form to the Lower Parel office which was responsible for maintaining the B2B accounts.

Of course, they managed to botch it up by closing the service request before the branch sent them the letter and since then I couldn't get them to close my account. Incidentally, I just received an email stating that my B2B account will be converted to a regular zero-balance ICICI savings account, so closing it will be a lot easier after the conversion.

I opened this online only account from ICICI somewhere in 2008 when they launched this B2 service, but never actively used it, infact forgot about it completely. Today received mail from ICICI, saying it will be converted into regular saving account with zero balance option. But i already have one savings account from around 2001 or so which i continue to use. So was looking to close this B2 account in their website, but did not see any such option. Even their support number is not answerable by any human, disconnected after holding for 20 mins or so.

Any one has experience of closing this B2 account?
If its going to be free savings a/c with no mab then you may wish to continue and enjoy two savings a/c else follow the manual closure procedure.Speak once with cc guys to get exact closure info.

They should have completed the migration before this sale. I would have been able to enjoy some discounts on flipkart.

They're sending debit card :( and to the rental address which I stayed 10 years before :(
All banks in India do dumb stuff like this, my local SBI almost sent my ATM to my old Bangalore address but they noticed my Aadhar card address and changed it in the system which is how I got it otherwise who knows when it'd reach me if ever

Their process was to visit an ICICI branch, submit a handwritten letter stating the account number and then they would fax that form to the Lower Parel office which was responsible for maintaining the B2B accounts.

Of course, they managed to botch it up by closing the service request before the branch sent them the letter and since then I couldn't get them to close my account. Incidentally, I just received an email stating that my B2B account will be converted to a regular zero-balance ICICI savings account, so closing it will be a lot easier after the conversion.

are they keeping account number same even after the conversion? i am trying to close my b2 account from last two years. and they still say it under process.

are they keeping account number same even after the conversion? i am trying to close my b2 account from last two years. and they still say it under process.
I have tried to close multiple times to no avail. Hopefully it will work now. Just received the new debit card today.

Back