Idea Cellular coverage in Mumbai?

arun687

Skilled
Idea customers please tell me how's the service and coverage in Mumbai?

This is for my dad, he's on Vodafone prepaid but have to now convert to postpaid due to high volume of official calls. There aren't any impressive postpaid plans from Vodafone and Airtel. My dad works in govt of India so we visited Vodafone gallery to ask if they have any good corporate plan but they said they have none.

I have heard good things about Idea and hence wanna confirm the same. They have an impressive plan.

Combo 249

Rental - 249/-
Free mins - 400 Local/STD
Free SMS - 400 Local/National
Free data - 500MB (Irrelevant in this case, as data wont be used)
I2I - 30p
Local - 40p
STD - 50p

This is a good plan as bill will be reasonable for 800-1200 local/national mins a month, which is the expected usage. Good coverage across Mumbai/Navi Mumbai is important, as usage is primarily official.

If you know any alternatives, please suggest. Thanks. :)

Emperor said:
Just buy bonus pack for Rs.24/- from Vodafone & enjoy 40p Per Call for 30 days.

Why not MTNL :)

Yes that is a good option for prepaid but the company wants him to convert to postpaid to claim reimbursement. Some postpaid plans from these major operators make you feel like you're back in 2007. :p

MTNL I think doesn't have that good network coverage.

I am on the same plan currently! Idea's network coverage has never failed me. It has been all smooth sailing for me so far!

Rental - 399/-

Free mins - 800 Local/STD (with no roaming in maha & goa)

V2V - 50p

Local - 50p

STD - 50p

add rs. 35/month for sms pack with free 350sms national.

As his bill will be paid by his office so this plan will be well suited for him. And his bill wont cross 450 bucks.

Idea network isnt good atleast here in suburbs.

You can try loop/bpl plans too. They have some nice plans.

But dont go for airtel. They charge anyhow and what not.

^ Are you sure those 800 free mins include STD? Here it says only local mins. STD to Vodafone at Rs 1/min, I guess for others it will be 1.2 or 1.5, it's not specified.

raksrules said:
^^Would not suggest MTNL. May dad used to use it. Have ported to airtel now.

My friend was with AirTel, Vodafone, Idea at that time when ever I had tried to call him first some waiting & than connection & that also with disturbance in call but now he took MTNL sim just 15 days before & what a pleasant surprise I never experience & wait when every I call him & Crystal Clear Sound.... really thinking to go with MTNL now :)

arun687 said:
^ Are you sure those 800 free mins include STD? Here it says only local mins. STD to Vodafone at Rs 1/min, I guess for others it will be 1.2 or 1.5, it's not specified.

Ya coz i called twice to my friend in kolkata and assam on their vodafone and i was charged/deducted from those free minutes. And no matter whomsoever i call my bill never crosses 500 bucks. :)

And recently for smsing i bought docomo which serves me well though it has pathetic network in bandra. :|

for sms,aircel is best.61 rs recharge valid for 61 days and you get 6100 sms .

I am on this offer for last 4-5 months.

network is quite good.

on airtel i had this dap400 plan,

800 minutes and 800 sms everymonth.

afterwords 25 ps to all mobiles.

ronit said:
Ya coz i called twice to my friend in kolkata and assam on their vodafone and i was charged/deducted from those free minutes. And no matter whomsoever i call my bill never crosses 500 bucks. :)
And recently for smsing i bought docomo which serves me well though it has pathetic network in bandra. :|

Cool if STD comes in it then it's an excellent plan no doubt. Will think of getting it.

BTW, Docomo has pathetic network everywhere, terrible EDGE speeds too. Feeling a lot better after I ported my number to Reliance. :)

Back