IDEA ZTE Blade query

comp@ddict

Skilled
Guys, in a dilemma. You must be knowing about the ZTE Blade offered by IDEA under a 3G package for Rs. 7992 right?

This, I hope, is the stock ZTE Blade on Android OS 2.2 right? I mean we can easily flash a custom ROM on it just like all the other XCD 35's and ZTE Blades isn't it?

Need this clarification ASAP!

rhlravi said:
Is the benefit of buying this through idea so large that you can risk not being able mod it or change SIM?

What all benefits due you get compared to unlocked one?

It's the stock ZTE Blade, upgradable to Android 2.3, and NOT Carrier Locked, and cheaper than XCD 35.

Win-Win situation!

If this is the stock Blade and unlocked, then it seems to be a really good deal!

By the way, are you thinking of buying this for now and saving up for a dual core phone later? (Just remembered that you were scouting for a ~16k smartphone earlier :) )

comp@ddict said:
It's the stock ZTE Blade, upgradable to Android 2.3, and NOT Carrier Locked, and cheaper than XCD 35.

Win-Win situation!

Zte Blade or Dell XCD same unless the screen differs.

I got Dell XCD 35 for 7K. Some got for 6.1K - Not cheap.

Custom roms already make it to 2.3.7 . - Nothing significant.

No, my friend bought it. I told her get the XCD 35 online, but her parents living in the dinosaur age don't "trust" online.

She called me 2 minutes before buying the IDEA Blade and telling me she's getting it.

Now guess what, I've been browsing CyanogenMod Forums and XDA forums and have found out that Idea Blade has 256MB RAM only, possibilities of only 256MB RAM hardware limited (some stupid chinese version), no RAM unlock way yet, and CM7.1 stable works on it, but the camera won't work.

THis sucks, entirely sucks.

If anybody can give any update of good news on this.

And btw, the XCD35 is right now 8.5k everywhere, and retail it's out of stock. That made Idea Blade cheaper.

The Idea blade has a hardware limitation of 256 Mb, so no chance of unlocking, but it can be upgraded to gingerbread OS. The CM7.1 doesnt have the camera drivers but the Moldovan High Mountain rom rls9 has the camera kernel too, have tried it and it works flawless.

Back