IDM issue--Cant download youtube videos- throws error at 100%

nRiTeCh

Skilled
I'm on windows 10.

Installed IDM.

Now whenever I try to download any youtube video via Download with idm option it throws this error at the very end.

So my bandwidth is sort of wasted completely.

upload_2016-1-10_13-44-46.png

upload_2016-1-10_13-48-9.png

This same idm ver. works perfectly on my win xp and win 7 64 bit though.
IDMCC is also the latest one.

I'm obviously the admin user of my own pc + uac and all shit is turned off. Tried changing idm temporary download folders to other drives and final completed downloads as well but no use.
This issue is only with youtube videos rest all zip/rar/exe/txt etc stuff is going as usual.

I face this issue if the video is being captured from Chrome in which case a mkv file is downloaded and it fails at the end.
I copy the link to an IE tab and then I get Download mp4 options on the IDM button and it works without any issues at the end of the file.

On another note Chrome doesn't play nice with Windows 10 after the Build 1511 update in my case.
Quite a number of times I get the Aw snap!!! error.

A week back Chrome was hanging just on opening the app and CPU usage reached 99%
I uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome multiple times to no avail and then moved to Opera after 5 years of using Chrome exclusively.

Last edited:
Yep thats exactly whats happening. The videos are MKV format and stuck in the end.

I use firefox only.

But as told I tried IE and magically it worked man...it does gives MP4 option.

WTF??? Then how to get MP4 for firefox???

Last edited:
happens with me also. try a site like clipconverter.cc or keepvid , longer way but works for mp4

Installed old idm ver. and it worked.
Now it mostly gives mp4 or flv option and mkv for some but all seem to download good now.

I prefer youtube videos only in 720hd format. If theres any specific plugin/add-on for firefox then really oool. NO matter mp4 or mkv.

Try Jdownloader. The thing is youtube now used Dart format, ir the video and audio are sent as seperate streams over http. So it has to be assembled in the end. Assuming that the problem with IDM. It needs codecs to do that. Reinstalling IDM might work as well, but I found Jd to be a much better alternative.

Try Jdownloader. The thing is youtube now used Dart format, ir the video and audio are sent as seperate streams over http. So it has to be assembled in the end. Assuming that the problem with IDM. It needs codecs to do that. Reinstalling IDM might work as well, but I found Jd to be a much better alternative.
I see. I too think the same as when IDM now successfully downloaded mkv video it did said that currently to play this media no player/app was found on your system. And then it opened IDMs page which had link to VLC player.
So may be for reassembling the file parts it uses those codecs which arent present in your machine.

Yeah Jdownloader uses ffmpeg. So i assume this would also use the same. Try installing and then download. But jDownloader lets you choose the video audio quality etc. separately. Try it once. Its free and better in my opinion.

In my case the last time I used IDM it started to download youtube videos in two rows (two rows of the same content in one video) and videos related to google couldn't even be downloaded, it produced only the audio while the video was completely broken. I thought that Google had upgraded their server security or something because after the IDM issue i used a YT video downloading software called "Youtube Downloader" (or something) and that also stopped working, i got an error which read something like "sorry, youtube no longer allows downloading of videos on our software."
Is there any way to renew the trial of IDM? Will deleting registry key work? I don't want to use the cracked version as it always throw up errors. I will buy the key if and when i get a good net connection. For now i want to renew the trial version every month if i can.
Damn i missed those YT video downloading browser plugins.

^^ youtube sends audio and video in separate streams... just join the files which IDM downloads. newer version does that automatically.

Back