IEM Earphones (suggestions)

rajat.usx

Recruit
Hey i am a avid music listener , can someone suggest good iems budget 2-3k . I actually mostly listen to ghazals so accordingly if there are some good pieces.

Given ghazals are very mid centric, would suggest the blon bl03 or a Sony. If you like a bit of bass and muted treble (needed if you listen to mostly older recordings with hiss and harsh top end) the xb55 is great

Hey i am a avid music listener , can someone suggest good iems budget 2-3k . I actually mostly listen to ghazals so accordingly if there are some good pieces.

Given ghazals are very mid centric
Yup, going for a mids focused set would do good for the genre. I wouldn't suggest blon bl03 given the issues with fit and too much unit variance.
Around 2-3k there are many great sets these days. Some sets like the moondrop chu ii, 7hz zero 2, truthear gate and tangzu wan'er would be my recommendations. Some of these won't come with mic in their stock cables. These sets seem to have minimal variance and have multiple measurements on squig.link for reference.

When you listen to ghazals from different singers you can easily apply EQ down the line to when you get accustomed to the iem.

PS: Never listened to ghazals much, so played some on the huh-duh Six hungos XD (hd-600) while typing this, what I can say is iems listed above can come close to headphones but the stage won't be there.

what I can say is iems listed above can come close to headphones but the stage won't be there.
Better to get headphones then if listening is the primary requirement

Jecklin Float.png

Last edited:
No one can match the build quality and the natural sound of Truthear Hola in that range. Many be sound quality, as it is subjective, but the build quality... JUST AMAZING!!!!
Edit: Also make sure the songs are at least 240KBps or comparable, and also use a good DAC.
You can ask me more in depth questions if you want...

yet she went deaf.
I suppose the joke went over. But in seriousness and off-topic, even if most don't use earphones/headphones as much as singers do, it is something to pay attention to. Read an article the other day that stated bone conduction earphones are the worst because they directly vibrate the cochlea.

IEMs come next as they go deeper into the canal. Headphones are probably the safest in this regard.

I suppose the joke went over. But in seriousness and off-topic, even if most don't use earphones/headphones as much as singers do, it is something to pay attention to. Read an article the other day that stated bone conduction earphones are the worst because they directly vibrate the cochlea.

IEMs come next as they go deeper into the canal. Headphones are probably the safest in this regard.
Biggest two reasons are:
1) Listening too loudly.
2) For an extended period of time, regularly. If you have to, try to take breaks in between.

Back