Audio IEM's for Sony NWZ-E345 budget ~$50

Malique

Adept
Hi,
I've bought a Sony Walkman E Series NWZ-E345
Amazon.com: Sony Walkman NWZE345BLK 16 GB Video MP3 Player (Black): MP3 Players & Accessories

I am now looking for a good quality earphone to pair up with this player. i wont be using an AMP.

Budget: about $30-$50, don't mind spending a little more provided the earphones are really really worth the extra moolah as i plan to use them for a long time. I'll be buying from US.

Mostly listen to English pop, rock n Hindi, and i prefer little bassy ones (deep bass and not much punchy or thump) i am not a basshead :)

There are many suggestions for Klipsch Image S4, but they'll cost me about $85 with all the taxes. Same with Shure SE115-K. Dont mind getting them if they are THE BEST :)

Please pour in your suggestions.

I think the "fun" sound that the S4 is said to have will go well with your taste in music.

If you are in India you might as well get them here, won't work out to more than the $85 you're going to be paying abroad and you'll also have warranty.

If you can spend , the S4 are indeed the best you can get to suit your tastes :). If not have a look at the NuForce NE-6 or Head Direct RE-2 .

Thanks Faheem & Ritwik for the quick replies. any other good IEM's which cost about $50?

i also need another pair of IEM's costing about $30. any suggestions here?

i think i better buy the S4's from india, its turning out to nearly the same price, plus i can get warranty too.

Ritwik, can you elaborate what thee 'fun' sounding earphones mean?

^ For about 30$ , You can grab the PL-30 /PL-21 or the MEElectronics M9. ( M9 Series earphones ).

Fun sound usually has a warm or upfront sound with slightly heavy/punchy bass. The reason it's usually called a fun sound is because the sound is coloured ie> It isn't very accurate or say neutral/balanced ,yet it is very musical and fun to listen to ;).

If you want something neutral or very accurate sounding, look at the Hippo VBs or Head Direct RE-0. Both are around the range of S4 price.

If you can get the Klipsch S4, surely go for it. If the bass is too much you could go for the RE0, but these won't sound the best without an amp and the sound signature also might not appeal to a few people.

Of course, both these are well above $50.

Below $50, I would suggest to go for the RE2. You simple can't get better than this below $50. :D

^^ You seem to really like the S4i. Have you actually heard them ? From what I have read they seem to have a sibilance issue.

BF1983 said:
^^ You seem to really like the S4i. Have you actually heard them ? From what I have read they seem to have a sibilance issue.

Nope haven't heard them personally.

But from what I have read, the sibilance disappears after burn-in. Also, given the price range they are one of the most VFM ones.
They're very comfortable as said by everyone and with a 2 year warranty, it's a good deal for 4k.

thanks guys for your suggestion,

another concern i have is would these ~$80 earphones pair be commplimented by my e-series walkman mp3 player?

having checked the prices, it seems i shd buy the klipsch or sound magic from india only. there is hardly or no price difference, even the Fiio E5 is costing me $20 on amazon (+ state tax). i'd rather get it from amarbir for rs. 900 once i am back in a couple of weeks.

^^ Yes both the Klispch and the Soundmagic are easy to drive earphones. You can safely use them with a portable device like your Sony player:)

Back