If you're feeling different from your usual self pleae speak out

red dragon

Justiceforall
Skilled
The title is self explanatory. This pandemic has caused more mental damage than physical sickness and death and almost every person has been affected by this, myself included.
Please don't let those things bottled up inside you ( saw a very strange thread today) find an outlet, talk to someone, talk to youself in front of a mirror..record it in your phone and listen to it yourself ( sounds ridiculous...but trust me it's there in psychiatry textbooks and it helps)
Please open up...please...this too shall pass...life is definitely not fair...but it's a gift nevertheless and each one of you is special..a lot of people do love and need you...they just can't express it or you can't feel it.

Yes mentally frustrated esp. due to this wfh situation. It no more feels comfort rather slavery life in prison...jailed in our own house...house arrest.
Literally feels like leaving the job and enjoy peace for next few months and bounce back but due to responsibilities, money, and recession cannot risk it at all...
Life is f*** to the level which has gained zero but added just anxieties and depressions to the existing load.

Seriously looking for a complete big short-term breakup from this usual routine..

Quite frankly, the only reason why I doing my job is because it is filling my bank account periodically.
I was set to change my role (within the same organization), hence was already "bored" of the current one.
And this dratted Covid, lockdowns, recession etc. closed that opportunity.

Imagine being stuck with something that you had prepared to leave. Unfortunately not much is happening outside, so not much chance of changing organization.

As said by nRiTeCh above: feel like leaving the job and enjoy peace for next few months and bounce back. However in my industry (and most others too), this is not practical scenario since they wont look at a person who has taken a break. Somehow the corporate expectation is for a hamster which continuously runs on the treadmill. Anyone not enjoying this treadmill is deemed unfit.

@ssslayer Thats what, we work only to fill our bank balance (financial security), unless someone sponsors us for something worthy. But in jobs, such worthiness is valued into pressure, boredom and that salary for which we slay 30days for that one golden day.

You guys should think of WFH from someplace else, like Goa or Himachal for a few days. That should help in some rejuvenation.

You guys should think of WFH from someplace else, like Goa or Himachal for a few days. That should help in some rejuvenation.
The pressure and stupidity is such that you will even forget you are working from Gods own lap.
My GF (idk, now ex, I suppose) got married to someone else last night.
YOur current gf just changed to ex-gf... what happened? Why didnt you married her or was she just a tp or she ditched you?

So we were going all good till March, when this stupid lockdown was announced.
I was due to join a job as an Assistant Prof., and she was already talking to her parents about it.

Then this lockdown happened, and the joining got extended for a month, then another month, then another two weeks, and then when they realised the lockdown was going to be for long, they said, we're cancelling the appointment, and we will start hiring afresh when the lockdown ends.

Her parents said "chhod, usse kuch na hone ka" (Forget it, he's not going to do anything)

So we were going all good till March, when this stupid lockdown was announced.
I was due to join a job as an Assistant Prof., and she was already talking to her parents about it.

Then this lockdown happened, and the joining got extended for a month, then another month, then another two weeks, and then when they realised the lockdown was going to be for long, they said, we're cancelling the appointment, and we will start hiring afresh when the lockdown ends.

Her parents said "chhod, usse kuch na hone ka" (Forget it, he's not going to do anything)
I guess if your job and financial security was all that mattered to your GF and her family, its good that the marriage did not happen. I understand the stance of the parents but she should have stood by you. Since you were about to embark on a good job, you will surely get another one coming your way pretty soon. So prepare yourself for that and wait for the right person to enter your life. Cheers.

BTW whats the fuss about the confusing names...AMG & Michael Simeonovitch ? How are you juggling between these names?

Back