Budget 51-70k Importing a Laptop with Global Warranty

Need to buy a laptop for my nephew before he joins an engineering college this year. The prices in India right now are absurdly inflated. So I was considering getting a laptop from US/Australia/Canada/UK/HongKong. I have friends and relatives in these countries, so I will seek their help is getting one to India. Or I'll use one of those US Shipping services. Whichever laptop we decide to go for, must have a global warranty. Free warranty is better but an option to purchase will do too. AFAIK, Apple products carry a global repair warranty. ThinkPad top series does too. Would you be kind enough to let me know which other brand or a range from brands carry such warranty?

ThinkPad X1 Atom is available for $1400, and the one with similar spec in India is costing about INR 2 Lakhs. I saw some deals on Macbook Pro in US for $949 (8/256) and $1200 (16/512). Heard you can avail global warranty on Asus ROG series too (please correct me on this one). So please do share your experience, knowledge, or advice in this case.

My budget is from 50K to 1L.

Apart from M1 MacBooks, I would also take a look at Acer since they also provide 1 year International Traveller's Warranty. Not sure how to avail it since I purchased stuff in India itself but another option I guess. I have purchased 2 Acer laptops in the recent past and they both came with that. Acer Triton 500SE looks to be a good option but is likely to be pricey, at least on launch.

Btw if gaming laptops are not a problem, the Acer Helios 300 priced at 1.13L on Flipkart is pretty great value compared to the model being sold in the US for 1350USD, since first of all the dollar rate conversion isn't bad at all, plus we get way more storage - 1TB HDD + 256GB SSD compared to jusr 512GB SSD, AND a better processor - the US model comes with 6 core 10750H whereas the Indian one gets the 8 core 10870H. Sure, it's no Ryzen but you can't beat it for pure value and specs at this price. No other laptop provides 8core processor + 105W RTX 3060 + 16GB RAM, all with adequate cooling, at this price with a 144hz 300nit 100% sRGB screen. If you can stretch your budget by about 10k, this is a great deal. Personally I bought one recently, even though my budget was 1L, and couldn't be happier with it. Also upgraded warranty to 3yrs for just 1.5k

Afaik dell also has international warranty transfer

But do confirm with dell India and the origin country.
Dell does have international warranty but you need to transfer that warranty whenever you travel and it can be a real hassle to do so. Tried doing that a few years back. Here’s a link to read up if you’re interested.

the seemless warranty experience till date I’ve personally seen is with a MacBook. But do remember there are quite a few cases where because of perhaps the Indian voltage something goes wrong on the motherboard Have had that happen on a dell, Mac, and ASUs so just beware about that

Back