Audio In ear phones

I am looking for in ear phones.

Usage: Music only. Good performance in western classical music (Mozart, Beethovan, etc) a must. Good performance in vocal a must too. Bass should not overpower and should be punchy.
Budget: 4-5K, can be extended depending on what I get.

I would prefer to buy from India because of warranty issues.

Please suggest some decent earphones.

@vNerd: Just curious but what would be driving these IEMs you're about to invest in? The RE-0 is a very good IEM (going by the hearsay! I haven't used it yet but planning to buy one soon) but AFAIK it requires a good source and preferably an amp if you're planning to drive it off the laptop.

The source would be my laptop and the office comp. The office comp is not a very good source. I do not think I want to lug an amp around from home to office and back everyday. The RE-1 is definitely out because it cannot be used without an amp.

Oh and I have the EP830 right now.

The FiiO E5 seems to be a decent amp to pair with this one. If you can source the expensive tube-amps nothing like it. North of 10k perhaps!

Fii0 or Tube Amps? what kinda advice is that man? both at different ends of the spectrum ... from wat i figure he is looking for portable i dont think tubes are portable :nono: ..
There are a lot of other cheap amps available in the $50-150 range .. I suggest you log into Jaben forums and chk out the specials there ..
Alternatively u can get some cheap amps from Ebay something like Mr.X, Xin super minis etc ...
Try looking into Shure earphones/IEMs series like the tiple Fis etc which really dont need a Amp ..

For your requirement (laptop/pc driven and not a pmp), you do not need an Amp, but the source is important. That is, the sound source, not the volume/power source. Hence get a RE of your choice from Amarbir and get a decent external sound card.

apextwin146 said:
And thenwat? get the sound card and install in the laptop? i doubt thats the good way to go .. get amp+dac combo and be happy and peacefull

Read properly. I said external sound card. :S it means USB based..

Amp is useless on a laptop/pc when using with IEMs and listening to Classical. a sound card is much much more important here as OP's on-board sound cards are no good.

PhOeNiX said:
I saw the BOSE IEM's around 5k in the BOSE dealerships. Are they any good ?

Better than creative ep630s imo but as experts say.. Bose is crap :bleh: . There are so many options in headphones/earphones.. What about RE2? No amp required for this..

sato1986 said:
Amp is useless on a laptop/pc when using with IEMs and listening to Classical. a sound card is much much more important here as OP's on-board sound cards are no good.

My god you're unstoppable! The external DAC we're referring to here will blow away your average external Creative USB sound card. Not to mention coupling the tube-based amps with the source. Have seen umpteen users on the head-fi forums with similar setups.

I'm using the RE0 and let me tell you without an amp, it'll suck. It needs massive amounts of current to start producing decent amounts of bass. Also let me tell you I'm no bass addict.

My 6SN7 based tube amp is not enough to drive it to the fullest. The xonar STX does a reasonable job. However if you don't have a *very high quality* head amp, don't think about the RE0. However if you do, its mind blowing to say the least :).

Chaos , any idea how will the RE-0 sound with the Meier Porta Corda III ?

I just checked out the RE-1 along with the Corda III which BF.1983 has and i was impressed :D.It looks like a good DAC/amp for 100$.

Back