In need of an initiative

kippu

Skilled
on the onset , maybe its just a bit of utopian thinking on my part so just bear with me
Techenclave is one of 3 or 4 technological forums which is indian based . Earlier we used to discuss setting up computers and the best possible computer hardware and the various technologies behind it. but then I only hung around to find some nice market deals and the prices of various components and putting up systems for me and my friends.

Then the discussions moved on to laptops , cameras ,gadgets and phones. We also discuss social things on the forum and once in a bluemoon some tiny thread pops up about doing his bit for the society and I know people do contribute either monetarily or with time for some small things around his house or neighbourhood , either giving computers to kids or classes to some illiterate kids .

But my thought today is that we are here on common grounds of ,maybe , technology , and as a group, we could probably join together and do something every year for the betterment of india's underprivileged , Maybe we can put a percentage of the market to a common account , maybe we sell teeshirts and take that money for some school , maybe we pool in all our common hardware and give it a school ., but hopefully we do it every year .

we sure can bounce ideas around and take the idea forward or just let this thread die down

If people starts to give away the slavery from technology , games , TV and movies these things would be possible.

That is exactly how people with common thinking ways and with access to a platform should think and try to put words to action.

People might make a difference by either giving back to the society in a monetary way, or by addressing issues which have been neglected for far too long.

Very nice thought ,words of appreciation and well said .
We should start doing things like that for the better future and upliftment of underprivileged ones .

Here is my idea -
Why not each one of us mentor someone from our area with a TE mentorship program. Unlike other mentorships this would be dependent upon us with regards to the time and monetary[if any] benefits to the underprivileged.
Guiding them through education and sharing your experience with them would be a great boon for the children who can then have a fruitful career in their chosen field.

Back