Income tax anxiety

ashish

Adept
I have filed my IT in the first week of July itself via cleartax as like every year. Everything went well as usual but I still have not received any acknowledgement email from the official IT dept.
Whenever we submit IT via 3rd party or through ITs own website we do receive an IT acknowledgement email but this time I didn't which goes something like your ITR has been successfully e-filed.

The e-verification and all as went just fine and when I contacted cleartax support they said that as far as e-verification went well and that you got auto-generated receipt it is all good.
You can check the status of your ITR by navigating to, ITD > e-file > Income Tax Return > View Filed Returns. and it is showing all ok.

Should I worry or I'm thinking too much here. I'm a normally salaried person and awaiting a refund of 1200/-.

More to that, people who filed IT in the last july or in the mid have already gotten their IT processed and refund issued.
This is making me more anxious as to what went wrong even though I filed it in the very first week.

Are you saying you didn't receive the "Confirmation on e-Verification of Income Tax Return" email from ITD? Because I filed through Cleartax as well and looking through my inbox, I only received two emails from ITD during the whole process. The e-verification one and a week later, the "ITR intimation" i.e return has been processed email.

Personally, seeing as your ITR is relatively simple with not much at stake, I wouldn't worry about this too much.

Are you saying you didn't receive the "Confirmation on e-Verification of Income Tax Return" email from ITD? Because I filed through Cleartax as well and looking through my inbox, I only received two emails from ITD during the whole process. The e-verification one and a week later, the "ITR intimation" i.e return has been processed email.

Personally, seeing as your ITR is relatively simple with not much at stake, I wouldn't worry about this too much.
I received neither of them this time.
1723833124462.png

This is how I receive every year.

This year the returns are stuck in verified state for long... Only after more than a month did mine get processed. Reddit /r/indiatax lots of people with same query about the delay.

You can check the status of your ITR by navigating to, ITD > e-file > Income Tax Return > View Filed Returns. and it is showing all ok.
Did you do this ? If yes, then whats the issue ? If not, do it. Perhaps your mail went to spam, or perhaps there was some technical error.
But anyway you can download all of this stuff from ITR website.

ITR processing time can vary a bit. No need to get anxious about that. Just make sure that its filed and verified so that your work is done.
I got back refund recently after slightly less than a month i think.

I filed on 30th July and received the ITR Intimation [U/s 143(1)] on 13th Aug, indicating that the return has been processed; found satisfactory with no additional tax payment due.

The key thing is that that on the day of the filing, I had received a confirmation mail from communications..... email ID with subject: "Confirmation on e-verificaiton of Income Tax Return". This assured me that the process is completed. I had done the process myself without any third party website involvement.

What is the status shown if you login directly to the income tax portal?

My brother in dubai filed his ITR with the help of a CA, everything went fine but now we saw that the spelling on the bank account is different that PAN (he made correction on PAN before leaving for Dubai but forgot about bank) so his refund is stuck. CA suggested to check with the bank if they can change the name and I can provide all necessary documents but the bank wants him to be present while making a change which is not possible. Is there anything we can do else it will be a long time before he comes back

Ok guys so I got my refund today. Does that mean everything went well irrespective of any notifications and that my IT return has been processed properly and accepted duly by the IT?

Just go on the e-filing website and check it under E-file>Income Tax Return>View Filed Returns. Your intimation pdf should be there. If it is there and it says no payment is due, you can relax.

Filed mine exactly one month back, received an sms today morning it's accepted.
Comments here made me check sms again, got anxiety when read 'intimation under section 143(1)' in there.
Seems it just means everything is fine, anyways copied the sms and sent it to my the CA who filed my returns :sweatsmile:

Back