Android Incoming & Outgoing Call STOP?

Emperor

Skilled
Hi Friends,

Few month before, my 5 yrs. old Samsung On5 mobile suddenly stop working, reached to local repair shop and he told motherboard short. etc. no hope to revive but can try for Rs.650/- charges.

I turn back and kept phone a side, now today suddenly just wish to check same handset again and with my surprised it's start charging and phone start working.

Now ALL things working (installation, WiFi, SMS, Data etc. etc.) with this handset perfectly OK.. except CALL - incoming + out going BOTH calls are not working.

I did Factory Rest 3 time and all other service re-set for 2 time and then just for ONE TIME incoming call arrived.. and then no luck.

I tried from other numbers also and also try BOTH SIM SLOT but no luck.

Every time tried to Call from other phone on the above mentioned Samsung phone, I got automated message OUT OF NETWORK AREA, and when I tried to call from Samsung On5 phone to other phone then no response or ring tone.. just got disconnect after few seconds

Any help/suggestion to start CALLING?

Thanks

Possible liquid damage may have fried something on the board and that kept you from turning on the phone initially due to a short.
Months later the liquid might have dried and you're able to turn it on but components which went bad are still bad.

Other than this try your luck with isopropyl alcohol and cleaning it etc. if you think it's worth it.

Its a common issue in liquid damage, network or charging IC dead issue.
Can be repaired for a few bucks!

Charging etc. all are working ok.

Update: it is working perfectly ok with Jio Sim.. facing issue with Vodafone (I tried 4 different vodafone (VI) of friends) Sim only

Thanks for reply

Most probably moisture damaged the network IC beyond repair though other motherboard components recovered with time.
so it's now hit and miss case, may be Jio 's got strong network or something special with your unit hence nritech proposed partnership with Ambani.
I think its best to consider it as a walkman now.

Back