Video Incredible Results from Mystery New TV Technology

adder

Skilled
Incredible Results from Mystery New TV Technology says digitalversus or lesnumeriques.com.

From the Lab: Incredible Results from Mystery New TV Technology

They say is ,its a LCD with incredible viewing angle far better then all IPS based lcd.
Has very very deep blacks and further more is a local dimming LED-LCD.

From what i can see the control board has 70 LED drivers meaning it has 70 dimming zones and from the pixel structure in my view its either a SPVA or a AMVA 5th gen .

Upon close investigation you can see the two chip X-reality Pro processor and the digitalversus image of the main board

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Many are now speculating it could be the new Hybrid-FPA tech that Sony has developed.
Sony 'Hybrid FPA' liquid crystal alignment technique sets LCD issues straight -- Engadget

Its indeed the HX920 Digitalverus has review the HX920
Sony Bravia KDL-55HX923

Chad' B has also reviewed the US version.
I had been very impressed with Sony's 52HX909, so I was expecting great performance from the HX929. Boy, did I get it! The HX929's image proved to be both exciting and accurate after calibration; in other words, it has a huge "Wow!" factor. I saw superb color and pop; rich but not overdone flesh tones; and truly black backgrounds. The image had excellent fine detail, and pans and motion looked very good. Dark objects in images were stable and true: they were not too dark that they sunk into the black background, but not so bright that they looked washed out or exaggerated. Overall picture quality was very Kuro-esque; rich contrast, vibrant, and true to life.

I did not get a chance to evaluate the HX929's 3D performance. However, I was very impressed with the 3D performance of the 52HX909; it was bright, exciting, and as natural as I've seen on a 3DTV. I would expect the HX929's 3D performance to be similar, if not improved, over the HX909's

In some posts in avsforums where he was asked which is better Vt30 or the HX929 has also said

Chad:"I can say this from my experience with the 65VT30
If I could be assured that my viewing seat was on axis and I was about 9-10 feet away, I'd easily choose the HX929. Wouldn't even be close.
Now, if the Panny FW issues get resolved, it'd be a closer contest"

When asked about depth and Pop between the HX929 amd VT30
Chad :"I think both depth and pop are better on the HX929."

In another post he said " the HX929 is right up there with the Elite Kuro"

But the one chad reviewed seem to have average viewing angle.

Nice! Really want to check how this TV is now. Sony does make gems once in a while. The XBR8 was the last awesome tv made by sony.

Correction.. Cadburys had made Gems :)

On a serious note, i just hope the misfiring aces @ Sony lab incorporate the video playback out of the box in the new tv series.

I would be keeping an eye out for that. Wonder what's the apathy with a simple feature which has become crucial nowadays.

The pathetic after sales, expensive parts, and no video support directly via usb ports has been making peeps consider other for far too long now. Sony should wake up on these fronts.

^^This is not a tv whose buyer will consider video playback from usb as even a requirement. This is reference level and will be priced accordingly. Anyone buying this TV will buy it purely for the picture quality and wouldn't care a damn about what formats it can play or what it can't. Its a given that it'll be hooked up to a reference quality source.

I understand that.

But as mentioned, the scene regarding after sales service scene (maybe not everywhere) and other issues here is so poor, people dread picking up a Sony. Whoever does, swears not to after getting a taste of the forbidden company. This new tv wont be coming any cheap and the headache one gen faces with Sony really dampens the spirit. Just a few goodies might just sweeten the whole package. But again, i speak from the point of view of masses. They still hold the key, dont they?

No doubt Sony is a proven pioneer, but obvious tweaks in these areas can really be a game changer.

Spacescreamer said:
I understand that.
But as mentioned, the scene regarding after sales service scene (maybe not everywhere) and other issues here is so poor, people dread picking up a Sony. Whoever does, swears not to after getting a taste of the forbidden company. This new tv wont be coming any cheap and the headache one gen faces with Sony really dampens the spirit. Just a few goodies might just sweeten the whole package. But again, i speak from the point of view of masses. They still hold the key, dont they?
No doubt Sony is a proven pioneer, but obvious tweaks in these areas can really be a game changer.

The after sales service scene is bad no matter what manufacturer you choose. These electronics makers just seem to take the indian consumer for granted. The only company from which I've experienced decent after sales service is LG when it repaired my busted microwave in a couple of days for very reasonable cost. Everything else is pathetic.

heres the answer to your question Spacey :

Unfortunately, though, the media player on offer here is no better than the one found throughout Sony's 2011 range, with support for only a very limited range of formats. It couldn't, for example, play our MKV files. A separate media centre would be a much safer bet.

Sony Bravia KDL-55HX923

^spacey already knows that,his question is why doesn't sony support all formats.

One reason is that they have the following

Motion pictures
Sony Pictures Entertainment · Columbia Pictures · Sony Pictures Classics · Screen Gems · TriStar Pictures · Triumph Films · Destination Films · Stage 6 Films · Affirm Films · Sony Pictures Television · Adelaide Productions · Culver Entertainment · Embassy Row · The Minisode Network · Sony Pictures Television International · 2waytraffic · Sony Pictures Home Entertainment · Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions · Sony Wonder · Sony Pictures Family Entertainment Group · Sony Pictures Digital · (Sony Pictures Imageworks · Sony Pictures Animation) · Syco TV · Syco Film · Sony Pictures Mobile · Sony Pictures Studios · Crackle · Aniplex · A-1 Pictures

Sony Music Entertainment · Sony Music Publishing · Columbia/Epic Label Group · RCA/Jive Label Group · Sony Music Nashville · Sony Masterworks · Legacy Recordings · Syco Music · Columbia Records UK · RCA Label Group (UK) · Provident Label Group · RED Distribution · Sony Music Japan · Sony Music Latin · Gracenote ·

So like other movie/music companies they face a lots of revenue loss due to piracy.
And afaik Lg and samsung or panasonic aren't into music or movie business.

Back