India to get SE Xperia X10 first -- 26 March??

from reading the article itself and taking a few guesses (customs duties/taxes, greedy dealers) etc im *guessing* it will be above rs 40k :D

but i really like the mini's specs/size... (300 GBP or about rs 25k) i hope they put android 2.1 (latest) instead of leaving at 1.6...

desiibond said:
won't be above 40k given that SE is facing lot of challenges in sales figures. My guess is 34k-35k in India :)

Is coming down from 40k to 35k really going to boost sales? Maybe it's because I can't afford either, but it seems that anyone willing to buy a phone for 35k can quite easily afford a 40k phone as well. The only thing is that there are quite a few options out there now in that range, so that might be a factor.

Review of the phone by gsmarena
Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 review
Larger than life

Sony Ericsson have been working on the X10 for quite a long time, taking the utmost care to make sure its software offers the best user experience possible. They wanted their first droid to be perfect and perfection requires time. That the XPERIA X10 is the first Android to roll off the Sony Ericsson assembly line, hard as it might be to believe. But it certainly is not the kind of the phone to quietly disappear in the crowd of first-generation droids.Androids just keep coming and a look at our front page will tell you any newcomer will need big ideas to make a splash. The popularity of Google's mobile OS is reaching unprecedented levels and the handsets adopting Android grow in number every day.
Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 review: Larger than life - GSMArena.com

Ohh .. i wish to get my hands on them sooner rather than later .. price will certainly be a factor of its sales in india .. and it might get hurt if priced above 35k .. the phone looks good .. hope sony changes around its fortunes with this phone ..!! :p

Saw the review on Cellguru (NDTV) yesterday. Phone looks awesome, but as expected, it is not meant for the common masses, being priced at 35K+

I just hope its build quality is better than the Xperia X1. My X1, like many other people (check xda-developers for examples) suffers from cracking issues with the plastic case, on a 40k phone!

Not to mention that their international support is a joke :(

Went to a dealer earlier today to get this. Turns out it will be shipped to them on Monday (tom). Expected price - Rs.33 -> 34k.

They had already received the dummy sets, feels pretty big. White set looks crazy sexy.

The Vivaz comes with a micro SD slot and micro USB. No FAST Port :eek:hyeah: Hope SE releases few affordable Symbian phones with micro USB. :)

yep: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 will never get multitouch | Android Community

Granted, multi-touch isn’t the best or most accurate way to zoom. You would expect it to be included in a new device with a suggested retail price up to and exceeding $1000. Pricing has yet to be confirmed, besides having an awesome camera and an impressive UI (depends on who you ask). This phone really has nothing to offer. How do you feel about this? Do you think you can overlook this and shell out the big bucks for it?

via: Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 will never have multitouch - SlashGear

Back