Laptops Info Needed - How To Get Advanced Bios Options In Sony Vaio Laptops

vercetti

Skilled
Hey Guys,

I received my SONY VAIO VPCEG25EN a couple of days back. It has a i3 processer, 320GB HDD, and a Intel HD graphics

The main intention for me to buy this laptop was to have mac OSX installed in this along with windows.

One of the main requirements to have MAc OSX installed is to have AHCI mode enabled. But all the sony VAIO lappys literally do not have any options visible in their BIOS:(.

I googled and found out that for some of the older laptops sony had provided additional BIOS updates to have options like fanspeed, temp control visible in the bios.

for some of the models we have hacks exposing all bios features.

I was unable to find any information related to the VPCEG25EN and procedure by which I can update/ unlock bios features.

need your help in this. Please do let me know if u guys have faced this kind of issues

Product link:

http://www.sony.co.in/product/vpceg25en

even if you go into the official advanced mode in BIOS, there is not much setting to play with.

I think you have to enter F2 while booting to enter advanced bios.

Thanks man....F2 is how you go to the BIOS.

The only changable options in the bios are the system clock, boot priority and some turbo mode. No other options:(

yeah,

I gave up sony vaio after 3 -4 yrs.

it did not recieve single update to drivers and bios.

SONY SUCKS bigtime when it comes to supporting their laptops.

I stopped using vaio and any sony product as their old quality is gone with wind.

Back