PC Peripherals Installing fans and Corsair VX 450

How about this. 1 fan from side panel and front panel fan blowing cool air inside. 1 Rear and 1 top panel fan pulling air out. Some physics in there , cool air blowing right at your GPU and TV tuner , next at mid level the hot air eliminated by you rear 120 mm fan and the rest of hot air is drained by your VX 450 and Top exhaust fan. Too many fans don't mean cooler system,if they're not placed with correct position. In your case 2 pulling air in and 2 pushing air out. And don't forget the dust.

Haven't tried it , but it sound's good on paper. Many people here with good experience.

u can easily remove the top plastic cover.

just push two locks from inside the cabby, and the cover will come out. After than unscrew the fan, replace and put back the plastic cover.

me too have antibiotic, and been using 2*120mm and 3*80mm fans. Gonna add another 120mm soon .

harmeetmatta said:
1.first of all i m changin my smps to corsair vx450...i heard it has a double bearin fan...will that help in keepin my pc cool or is it js for the smps...??

3. i m thinkin of installin a fan for my hdd as well..in d place no 3....as my hdd temp are way high.....

1) That fan sucks in air from the surrounding into the psu.

2) Remember...more fans = more dust + more noise no matter what you do.

One of the DVD bay cover is broken. So im attachin a 120mm intake at the DVD drive bay from inside. Yet to be done.
One 120mm is at rear exhaust, and one at front as intake. One 80mm [bundled] at side and one at blowhole[bundled].

Another one under my gcard which takes in air from the PCI vents.

Then the PSU 120mm fan exhaust. Ordered an SCCF an its on its way. Also attacjed two 40mm fans on chipset. Will be getting some more 1200 and 80 mm fans with sccf. Will post better pics after that [max 2 days].

100_8220_1.jpg

Here it goes

got the SCCf and totally redesigned the plan.

cable management + fan arrangements

chipset temp range: 28c~35c

CPU: 26c~36c [max at torture tests for 20 mins].

Its the same cabby as yours

Antibiotic:D

just fitted all those, havt checked dust yet as its too early to check.

btw i have a dedicated vaccum cleaner to take care of dust:bleh:

SCCF is > Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer> CPu cooler.

The 90mm fan at bottom pulls air in, there are many vents at bottom, enuf to let air in with a fan. Its spinning at around 2000rpm[connected to mobo connector].

but the chipset fan, i had to bend the heatsink fins slightly for the screws to sit tight. Also placed a piece of OHP sheet beneath the two 80mm fans in case it slipped and shudnt fall on card's PCB and short ckt.

also used double sided tape to attach fans at botton of gfx card and on the optical drive bay. It also acts as anti vibration pad, and reduce noise. Used small bit of it while attaching most of the fans to avoid direct contact with metal body te reduce vibrations and hence reduce noise.

Finally channeled all wires and connectors thru the back of the cabby and tied them to fit the side panel.

dOm1naTOr said:
Its the same cabby as yours
Antibiotic:D
just fitted all those, havt checked dust yet as its too early to check.
btw i have a dedicated vaccum cleaner to take care of dust:bleh:

SCCF is > Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer> CPu cooler.
The 90mm fan at bottom pulls air in, there are many vents at bottom, enuf to let air in with a fan. Its spinning at around 2000rpm[connected to mobo connector].

but the chipset fan, i had to bend the heatsink fins slightly for the screws to sit tight. Also placed a piece of OHP sheet beneath the two 80mm fans in case it slipped and shudnt fall on card's PCB and short ckt.

also used double sided tape to attach fans at botton of gfx card and on the optical drive bay. It also acts as anti vibration pad, and reduce noise. Used small bit of it while attaching most of the fans to avoid direct contact with metal body te reduce vibrations and hence reduce noise.

Finally channeled all wires and connectors thru the back of the cabby and tied them to fit the side panel.

Nice & very useful mod mate :)

They are amigo and logisys LED fans. Logisys seems bit better as i test their air volumes by facing it to my face while spinning.

I personally felt the logisys bit better than even the sunbeamtech 120mm that came with SCCF.

logisys says 2000rpm, but i get some 1800rpm on connecting it to cpu fan socket, but it runs bit faster when connected to 12v molex.

if u want LED+ good cfm and low price, get the logisys.

its bout 315/ + ship from lynx.

Zigmatek fans are silent but around same rpm but bout 600/-.

There are other non LED higher cfm fans out there at some 2400rpm, but will cost a minimum of 700~800 and no LEDs.

best bet is logisys.

Back