Android Insufficient Storage Space

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note running on JB. I am unable to update any application from Play Store because of the message insufficient storage space.

Device memory - 200 mb free of 2 gb. 1.1gb is used by applications and rest 700 mb is used by god knows what.

USB storage - 9 gb free of 11.7gb

SD card - 12gb free of 14.5gb

I used some applications and moved all possible apps to SD card but there are many applications like Google Chrome etc which can not be moved SD card.

Also I don't know what is using the 700mb on the device memory.

Any advise guys?

Happens quite often to me as well on S2 & Note. Main culprits are Google+, Facebook & Chrome apps, not only do they use more space for data, their cache usage is equally high as well. Keep clearing the cache every now & then.

The other useless stuff are the crash logs, they take up quite a lot of memory over time. If your phone is rooted, install "Disk usage" app from playstore and check the app usage. With root privileges check under data/logs, you'll find those useless crash dumps.

Just install the app. Easy to analyze, no guesswork needed.
1370548627310.jpg

Thank you for the quick response guys.

My phone is not rooted. Will I still be able to install that application?

Tried removing Facebook but it didn't help me much.

Since the JB update my phone just sucks. Is there any way I can go back to ICS?

Yes. . Go to sammobile and download ICS ROM for gt 7000 . It should be the 4.04 ROM for India . Which is inu code . Flash with Odin and wipe cache and factory reset in recovery mode . No root required no warranty lost . Google it .:)

Thank you.

Any links with detailed information? I will try this on this weekend. I wanted to root so that I can move all apps to SD card.

Thank you.

Any links with detailed information?

You'll get all the info regarding flashing/software etc on xda-developers.com. While claiming warranty, I guess the service guys will find out that you flashed your device, unless you reset a counter. You can find that info on xda.

Back