Car & Bike Insurance for a new Car

panks21

Recruit
Insurance Experts

One of my friends is taking delivery of Kia Carens (1.4 DCT Luxury Plus 6 Seater) next week from Gurgaon (Frontier Auto)
The zero dep insurance amount quoted by dealer is Rs59198
We are thinking of taking the insurance from online channels rather than through the dealer. They have told us that the insurance companies approved by Kia are GoDigit, ICICI, Bajaj and New India.
Questions:
1) Is it advisable to get it from online channels?
2) If any one has experience, how much you have saved?
3) What is the process to get a quotation for a new car? I tried to go to various insurance websites but they need the registration number first (which doesn't exist today)

Lol, what a coincidence. I was looking at the Seltos/ Carens at Frontier MG road just last week (checked out the Creta/ Alcazar as well).

For Seltos, the guy at Kia told me that there is no compulsion in taking insurance from the dealership (usually dealers insist that you take insurance from them because they get good commissions). He did ask me to share the quote and they will try to price match it.

GoDigit and Acko have an option of getting a quote for a new car - select 'I don't know my car's registration' on GoDigit and 'I'm looking to buy new car' on Acko.

For Carens, GoDigit has nearly the same price the dealer (51k + GST). Acko is significantly lower (27k + GST).

No harm in taking Acko's quote to them and asking them to lower the insurance premium.

Personally I would stay away from these 'new age' insurance cos. If you're spending 20L on a car, might as well spend a little more and get insurance from a reliable provider. I read a thread on Team-BHP and the lead moderator (who does most of the car reviews) didn't have kind things to say about GoDigit.

Acko.JPGDigit.JPG

Try to stick with dealer insurance, get quotes from outside, and bargain with dealer, in longer run or in case when needed , if dealer is the insurance agent, it will be much helpful at time of claim etc

You can check online from policy bazar for quote, just click brand new car and enter ex-showroom price and it'll show all available policies. Then select a quote or you can also call them and ask them to mail you that quote. Send that quote to dealer and they'll match that price or it'll be a little extra but go with the dealer as it'll be easy for claims. Attaching quote image below with zero depreciation, return to invoice, engine cover and consumables. You can choose add on as per your choice. These prices don't include GST

Attachments

• Screenshots_2022-09-17-15-45-24_(1).png
    Screenshots_2022-09-17-15-45-24_(1).png
    303.2 KB · Views: 79
What a coincidence!!!

Just bought exact same model.
Luxury plus 6MT petrol.

Bought it with company lease, so insurance was supposed to be done by them. They gave 43k quote to which I agreed. But for 3 days they didn't completed the insurance formalities. So I called them and told them that I will do insurance myself. You have already wasted my 3 days. Went ahead and got insurance from Acko for 35k including all add-ons. So far so good.

A bit off topic, but can someone please excuse my ignorance and clarify how taking the policy *from the dealer* helps in claims? And what is meant by an approved vendor list for insurance? How is it any of the manufacturer's business who my insurance vendor is?
Edit: had missed the part in asterisks

Last edited:
Back