Inte(l)nded Overhaul

Freaky

ex-Mod
After 5 long years with my AMD rig, time had come to move on as I was constantly having issues with the memory - The A8N-E is finally giving up (presume :p).

Deliberated going the AMD way - Unlock a 550BE or 555BE was the only thing on my mind as I was in no position to go for the 1055T but I would have to settle with a less than full featured motherboard this being the case as the money I had was restricted.

After deliberations and lot of help from the dear UPD (Used Parts Dealer - You know who :p), got a very good deal on a E8400 and the TPower I45 along with 4gigs of G. Skill. Only thing left was the one to power these fellas - Deliberated on a Seasonic or the HX650 but UPD again to the rescue - But this time in beating some sense into me to buy a better product for a lil more money - The HX750 :)

And of course - The one to keep the heat of all these down - Who else but the TRUE champ :p Again, the dear UPD to the rescue - Got me Stormy's TRUE for a bargain !!

Couldn't ask for more. All these in 20k :p

Enough babbling - Onto the pics :p

ragzdiablo said:
Congrats..:)

one question though...what do you need the HX750 for? future upgradation?
Yes. Dont need to worry about the PSU for another 5 yrs especially with the way my rigs are built :p I dont go over the top with my configs :)

Nice deals.... Good proccy, just reminds that LGA775 still have much punch left in it. :)

Judging by the PSU, I think it's apparent who is the legen... wait for it... dary UPD here. :p

Congrats on your "NEW" system! excellent choice of psu.

I see you've upgraded from a config similar to mine and I had mine for 6 years except I had a 8800gt (since oct 2007) and you've got a 4850.

Did you sell your existing config?

sunny27 said:
Congrats on your "NEW" system! excellent choice of psu.

I see you've upgraded from a config similar to mine and I had mine for 6 years except I had a 8800gt (since oct 2007) and you've got a 4850.

Did you sell your existing config?

Would never have the heart to sell it. In fact, plans already on for a new mobo that will make it a powerful HTPC :p
thaniks said:
Not the right way to handle the CPU like this.
Not if the pin cover is still on it :p

In the era of i's it's good to see the C2D's..... E8400 has enough power mate and that TPower I45 can be deadly... Once I use to have that combo...

Ssssmokinnnn

:p

Congrats..

-ADIOS

Back