CPU/Mobo Intel DH67VR or MSI H67MA-E35 (B3)

Yo93sh

Adept
Both these motherboards are available around 4.7k Intel DH67VR & MSI H67MA-E35 (B3). MSI has more SATA ports that's the major difference I can see. Please advise which one to buy. Already ordered Intel Core i3 2100 processor.

Recommendations in the similar price range welcome. Motherboard should have DVI port & USB 3.0.

Thanks in advance.

The MSI board is decent. The only downside is that it has 2 RAM slots vs the 4 on the Intel board.

However I wouldn't look at the DH67VR but the DH67BL instead. Its a little above 5k though. Another minor difference is that the Intel boards use a mix of solid/electrolyte caps while the MSI uses only solid caps.

vyral_143 said:

The only thing I got from reading that thread is :

a) RMA your board if you have problems on day 1

b) Use a better PSU than an Amigo 500W, especially if you're running a quad core like an i5 2400

c) Update your BIOS

do not go with that Intel board, poor built quality and performance. bought both almost same time and found MSI better.

MSI one is better in that price range.

vicky.vetal said:
never go for the intel board.. causes lots of problems during warranty n all.. MSI is good...

More details like your board, service center/city and issues you encountered would help people avoid your problems.

^^ Basically it shows that the PC malfunctioned [MSi mainboard was the culprit], I've experience with MSi too, bought a Radeon HD 5770, got fried in three months turns out it was a manufacturing defect, replaced in two weeks with HD 5770 HAWK [so MSi RMA system in Bangalore is good].

What does this how us, MSi is still a Tier II component manufacturer and it is better to recommend Intel ORIGINAL BOX board and / OR ASUS / Gigabyte alternatives ahead of the same [although this will not exempt you of similar problems and RMA head-aches].

^^

[OT]

The user never got back so we don't know that for sure. His last problem was repeated restarts, which I assume was down to his PSU.

I've setup 2 rigs with the same MSI board and not had issues. Same with a user a few posts above. So its possible that he landed a defective board.

No offense, but you seem to generalise comments all over the forum based on one or two incidents. If we applied your logic, Intel makes the least reliable SSDs and Asus is a Tier II manufacturer.

P.s.: You gotta let your GPU go :p

[/OT]

The reason I was saying is I bought both models from theitwares almost in few weeks differnce.

The built quality is visible.

Performance - not much of a difference. but found Intel m/b resets when applied shutdown in Windows 7 64bit. This started only after BIOS updating. Tried all tricks in net with no avail. Since its not a big issue for me, ignored. but built quailty really shows.

Back