CPU/Mobo Intel Or AMD ?

rahulyo

Skilled
Hello friends ...

I need ur help to choose best CPU between Intel i5 760 Or AMD x4 965 Or AMD x6 1055t. Which one is good for me ? Till now i m using only Intel.My main purpose of system upgrade is :-

1.Gaming
2.Ocing
3.Watching movies
4.Net surfing

So which way i choose ? Intel Or AMD ?

What is wrong with the current set up. The E7500 should OC easily to 4.00 (Mx=11). Milk it further if you can. And get 4 GB of RAM.

ALPHA17 said:
Get the AMD 1075T a nice trade off between the 965 B.E. x4, and the 1090T

Bench - CPU - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

Here is the comparison between the Core i5 760 and 1075T, in multi threading the hex core proves it value ( better at multi tasking, Turbo Core ), Intel catches up on other fronts so it is upto your discretion :) hope this helped
But i5 760 beat X6 1075t in most of benches ?And price of x6 1075t is more than i5 760 .

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Any low cost and good mobo for i5 760 ?

rahulyo said:
But i5 760 beat X6 1075t in most of benches ?And price of x6 1075t is more than i5 760 .

Any low cost and good mobo for i5 760 ?

Look at the multi tasking or thread based operation the AMD pulls ahead there, as well set-up cost of the AMD based RIG is cheaper if you don't have budget for graphic card you can stillhold out on the onboard graphics till the prices drop and/or new 7-series is released by AMD,

In AMD you also have a lot more chipsets to look at from all the way from the

785G ~ 6K
790GX/FX ~ 8-9K
870G ~ 7K
880G ~ 7K
890G ~ 9K +
all this prices are average budget regions not actual prices of the motherboards, mostly this is the spread of decent board prices supporting AMD proccesors + they support DDR 3 + onboard IGP

for Intel the only thing that looks up is pure raw performance but to get decent motherboard is a pain as most start around 7K range ( P 55 ) + they do not support IGP only H 55 does this for Intel and for IGP you have to have to only get a lower end Core i5 or i3 processor. So in the end I leave it to you

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1156

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards

here are the base pages for your search find out whichever LGA 1156 board you find supports your needs best, hope this helps :)

Yeah the ASUS P7H55 series of boards are pretty good but most people on TE recommend the Gigabyte boards because of RMA issues with ASUS, but you shouldn't have a RMA issue until you score the worst board in the inventory which is pretty low, so it is upto you whichever motherboard you want :) and give your entire RIG details we might be able to tweak them for a sweeter deal

rahulyo said:
How abt this :-

Intel i5 760 = 9.8

Asus P7H55 = 5.5

Corsair XMX3 1600 Mhz RAM = 4.2k

Total :- 19.5k
Where is the RAM price so low, can you get me a reference

rahulyo said:
How abt this :-

Intel i5 760 = 9.8

Asus P7H55 = 5.5