Monitors Internal LCD TV Tuner Card

I need to add a tv tuner card to my config

X64bit Vista Ultimate (card should have x64 drivers)

20inch LCD 1680x1050 @ 60Hz

4gb ram

I need an internal digital TV tuner card which can display & record natively @ 1680x1050. I will set up a home theater with my creative 4.1 speakers later buy 7.1 speakers.

My main requirement will be watching & recording music shows via tatasky STB, recording should have excellent quality stereo sound.

It should have TV pause facility & ability to set timer to record the show from multiple channels when I am not at home, for eg: 1-2PM record saregma, 9-10Pm record sab tv & so on, so when i return home I can watch the 3 programs of my choice from different channels. Will the tatasky STB let the card select channels???

I don't need a MCE card as I don't see its usage in my scenario but I am open to learn its feature if they are useful in my case.

Mpeg & divX recording ability

My budget can range from 3000 to 5000/- hope I can get some good card in that budget.

I read about this asus device but seems its not yet launched.

Techtree.com India > News > Consumer Electronics > Asus HDTV Suite-HDMI

I found that Leadtek cards have x64bit drivers

Leadtek - We make dreams a reality

Are they available here in India, any Delhi dealer??

ranjan2001 said:
I need to add a tv tuner card to my config
X64bit Vista Ultimate (card should have x64 drivers)
20inch LCD 1680x1050 @ 60Hz
4gb ram

I need an internal digital TV tuner card which can display & record natively @ 1680x1050.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
You made my day man... I will say wake up neo!

ranjan2001 said:
I will set up a home theater with my creative 4.1 speakers later buy 7.1 speakers.

My main requirement will be watching & recording music shows via tatasky STB, recording should have excellent quality stereo sound.

Half baked knowledge...what can I say... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ranjan2001 said:
It should have TV pause facility & ability to set timer to record the show from multiple channels when I am not at home, for eg: 1-2PM record saregma, 9-10Pm record sab tv & so on, so when i return home I can watch the 3 programs of my choice from different channels. Will the tatasky STB let the card select channels???

I don't need a MCE card as I don't see its usage in my scenario but I am open to learn its feature if they are useful in my case.

Mate why don't you do a good reading... honestly. I have been using a DVR for about more than a month and would really request you to do a reading. Esp. regarding recording multiple channel at the same time. You remind me of a colleague.
Ahh Sunday's, always find someone to make your day.

~LT

Glad to see u so happy!!!!:clap: :clap:

Before posting I read few threads but if you have any specific thread or another link i would like to read that too.

Thanks

ranjan2001 said:
Glad to see u so happy!!!!:clap: :clap:

Before posting I read few threads but if you have any specific thread or another link i would like to read that too.
Thanks

techenclave.com doesn't have good threads on them :no: . Its more of hardware.

Hmm the resolution you mentioned needs Mbps throughput which in India nobody does. Secondly if you need to record multiple channels you need multiple tuners (that means multiple tata sky connection as well cause the tuning happens at the dish+set top box level). And ofcourse you need a software based solution, if you are looking for recording/pausing/rewinding. A hardware based one will cost you more than 40k, while a HTPC will cost you mostly 15k. Ofcourse if you are willing to pay then go for philips based one, a clue: frankmehta

~LT

Some clarifications.

Tatasky must have some native resolution lets assume 480pix ,what I meant was that the recording software should be able to interpolate it higher resolution while recording else the 480 will look grainy on my widescreen lcd.

By multiple channels I gave a clear example but seems it needs clarification further, I don't need simultaneous multichannel recording. I want that the tunner should be able to switch channels to record as follows.

6-7am astha channel
10-11am zee business
6-7pm mtv
9-10 sabtv

I have never used any tuner & I am not sure if all tuner have this feature, I want a weekly recording schedule fed into the tuner & it should record at a giving time & stop the recording & wait for the next program & switch channel & start recording again & save the files in a specified folder.

WinFast DTV1800 H fits my need but I need expert advice as I don't know much about these cards. Are these available in Delhi?

ranjan2001 said:
Some clarifications.

Tatasky must have some native resolution lets assume 480pix ,what I meant was that the recording software should be able to interpolate it higher resolution while recording else the 480 will look grainy on my widescreen lcd.

By multiple channels I gave a clear example but seems it needs clarification further, I don't need simultaneous multichannel recording. I want that the tunner should be able to switch channels to record as follows.

6-7am astha channel
10-11am zee business
6-7pm mtv
9-10 sabtv

I have never used any tuner & I am not sure if all tuner have this feature, I want a weekly recording schedule fed into the tuner & it should record at a giving time & stop the recording & wait for the next program & switch channel & start recording again & save the files in a specified folder.

WinFast DTV1800 H fits my need but I need expert advice as I don't know much about these cards. Are these available in Delhi?

try this:

Saurabh Kumar's technology learnings blog: Intelligent Television Viewing - My PVR setup
~LT

Quite a helpful reading there, it will help me a lot, my requirement is 90% of what he mentions. Time is becoming short & missing favorite programs make it worse.

The card he mentions is an expensive one & not available in India. I will explore the available options.

Thanks

ranjan2001 said:
Quite a helpful reading there, it will help me a lot, my requirement is 90% of what he mentions. Time is becoming short & missing favorite programs make it worse.

The card he mentions is an expensive one & not available in India. I will explore the available options.

Thanks

However advice, go for hauppauge. The best hardware.

~LT

TataSky+ is now awailable & solves many of my problem but now I need to find a method to get that recoded video to play on computer bcoz that 45 hrs recording is too limited.

Back