International banking transaction failing !!

Ramadhir Singh

Wasseypur
Adept
is anyone facing any such issues?
I'm unable to do any international transaction with any debit/credit card since yesterday night in two different merchant one in US & other EU merchant.

Tried 3 banks, all transaction declined when called bank said they don't have any record of any such attempts.
Merchant saying its not their side issue.

I asked about new RBI rules, bank said its only for auto-debt function, since im doing manual traction its not related to me.

is anyone facing any such issues?
I'm unable to do any international transaction with any debit/credit card since yesterday night in two different merchant one in US & other EU merchant.

Tried 3 banks, all transaction declined when called bank said they don't have any record of any such attempts.
Merchant saying its not their side issue.

I asked about new RBI rules, bank said its only for auto-debt function, since im doing manual traction its not related to me.
As for me the XBOX Gaming purchases I made yesterday it went through but when I canceled it I did not get any refund yet.
Even the purchases I made in Google Play Store which were later canceled did not get any refunds until now.

My wife is saying that it might take 3-5 days though it never happened in this way.

Few months back while I was in India, 2/3 Indian friends of mine received a text from their banks that by default all international transactions will be cancelled. However it can be reactivated by calling the customer care.
One was from SBI, another possibly Yes Bank/ HDFC

Even the purchases I made in Google Play Store which were later canceled did not get any refunds until now.
someone reported earlier this month they their payment were declining for apple store as well.
rules are changing frequently .... RBI/govt is ensuring they make things as complicate as humanly possible.

by default all international transactions will be cancelled.
When we get new / renewed cards international transactions are disabled by default,
That was my first doubt as well, i already verified via netbanking those are active and later called bank they said everything is alright at bank end as well.

UPDATE: After a call to CC, I was able to make one traction successfully with HDFC for that EU merchant, US one still not going through.
I guess something in going on with our banking gateways, i will wait till end of the day and try again.

Banks are disabling international banking / tap-2-pay if "not used" for 6 months. So the hi-tech card we get is just something we used to have back in the early 2000's when all this started.

Am sure next step:
Disable the chip read out, and back to good old magnetic swipe which wears away the card after many uses.

Banks are disabling international banking / tap-2-pay if "not used" for 6 months. So the hi-tech card we get is just something we used to have back in the early 2000's when all this started.

Am sure next step:
Disable the chip read out, and back to good old magnetic swipe which wears away the card after many uses.
We have to manually enable the international transactions on the debit card . I learnt it the hard way when i travelled and my brand new international card did not work . I had to come back and ask the branch to get it enabled .
The chip read out is useless especially in Rupay cards . The cards are made so cheap that the chip readout fails within a few weeks . Indian bank cards have failed for me within 3-4 weeks of usage . Cards get warped if they are left in the car due to heat .

Started to get emails form merchants. One was particularly nice to allow me a week of grace period to renew my subscription.

Is this govt do any short of planning at all?? and seriously think about the implications of the changes.

Screenshot_20211014-021943.jpg

Started to get emails form merchants. One was particularly nice to allow me a week of grace period to renew my subscription.

Is this govt do any short of planning at all?? and seriously think about the implications of the changes.

View attachment 117111
If I made a payment to Microsoft but canceled it on 11th of this month how much time will it take for the refund to reflect in my bank account?
Please do tell me as I want to do purchases based on those refunds because every rupee counts for me as I am depended on my dad and some rents I get monthly for my expenses.

I mean how much time as per new RBI rules to reflect in my account?

I mean how much time as per new RBI rules to reflect in my account?
RBI haven't said anything officially - https://rbi.org.in/Scripts/NotificationUser.aspx
And the data available in public domain is hard to decode for common people- https://www.rbi.org.in/scriptS/BS_ViewMasDirections.aspx?id=12032 , only beating around the bush.

Technically within 24 hours one suppose to get refunds, but on safe side merchants says 3-4 days.

Situation right now is RBI (headed by a economics illiterate and class 1 idiot, who was appointed only to facilitate current govt withdraw money "illegally" form reserves ) is working haphazardly, without any logical thinking. And this is taxing the banks a lot, because they have to do everything "logically" with very limited manpower.

Earlier also changes had been made in our banking system, introduced some real changes specially between 1992-1997, and again 2002 - 2009, but those were rolled out systematically - in a phased manner.
Common people never suffered because of those measures.

Back