ipad2 from USA

Rico

Rico Unchained
Adept
hi,
I'm thinking the possibility of getting iPAD 2 from US. Things i need to know before proceeding.

1)is it true after tax the price of ipad2 16gb is $547 ?
2)how much customs tax i need to pay? if it's in baggage?
3)tips and tricks to evade tax :eek:hyeah:

the airport would chennai.

Your personal experience and suggestion are most welcome.

Question is where are you going to get it from ??.Its not available readily in stores.Customs would not be a problem as long as u carry it without box.

Why do you want to get it from USA when apple iPad 2 was been recently lauched in India prices as far most all the same it would not cheaper if u buy from USA so one fromhere only and evade tax :)

jerryelvis said:
isn't it possible to get it within a span of 45 days.
Yes you could certainly get it but if you get charged customs( not sure how much is charged) it beats the whole point of getting from US.

Yes you could certainly get it but if you get charged customs( not sure how much is charged) it beats the whole point of getting from US.

yes definitely. valid point. ( I believe at the max 14.7%)

Why do you want to get it from USA when apple iPad 2 was been recently lauched in India prices as far most all the same it would not cheaper if u buy from USA so one fromhere only and evade tax

weighing the pros and cons.

it would be great if someone answers Q1 and 2.

Sales tax is dependent on the state you are buying from. Each state has a different rate, ranging from 0 all the way to 8.75, AFAIK.

You should be able to bring it in without customs issues if it is not in the box..

547 * 44 = 24068 + delivery + customs

Ipad 2 from letsbuy - 29500 - 2000 (Reliance coupon) = 27500

PS: although availability is a problem in US and also currently out of stock on letbuy

Aman27deep said:
Yeah it does.
Ummm Aman where did you get that piece of info from? :p

Since the iPad 2 has been launched in India, one might as well assume that the warranty can be claimed here.

Sanav3 said:
547 * 44 = 24068 + delivery + customs

Ipad 2 from letsbuy - 29500 - 2000 (Reliance coupon) = 27500

PS: although availability is a problem in US and also currently out of stock on letbuy
It's a direct pickup from store.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Gannu said:
Ummm Aman where did you get that piece of info from? :p

Since the iPad 2 has been launched in India, one might as well assume that the warranty can be claimed here.
so is it / it's not... i believed almost all apple products has international warranty.

jerryelvis said:
It's a direct pickup from store.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

so is it / it's not... i believed almost all apple products has international warranty.
Read this taken off from iPad2 warranty cover "If you seek service in a country that is not the country of original purchase, you will comply with all applicable import and export laws and regulations and be responsible for all custom duties, V.A.T. and other associated taxes and charges. Where international service is available, Apple may repair or exchange defective products and parts with comparable products and parts that comply with local standards. In accordance with applicable law, Apple may require that you furnish proof of purchase details and/or comply with registration requirements before receiving warranty service".

I called NZ customer care 1 agent told yes it is there ,another says no :S

Gannu said:
Are you sure about that? I thought the Ipad does have Int'l Warranty.

Sorry if i am wrong though.

I have been told time and again by many people that iPhone and iPad do NOT have international warranty.
It is only the iPod touch that does..!

Update - Spoke with apple CC. Apple will honour warranty of ipad2(both models) in India ,purchased from out of India.
so Ipad does has internatioanl warranty.

Seriously thanks for that info. Makes me breathe a sigh of relief knowing that my iPad can be taken care of anything goes horribly wrong with it.

Back