Iphone 11 vs 12 real life speed test

This year's processors are not a huge improvement. They are at par with the latest flagship Snapdragon. I would still take the 12 just because of the physical design. I loved the feel of my 5S.

My XR is going to be 3yrs old in March next year. Apple is offering 24k for it on exchange, so I guess I'll just upgrade to the 12 at that time.
IPhone 12 is not really an upgrade apart from slightly better camera with night shots. Better wait for iPhone 13 if you can. Have suggested the same to wifey who currently have XR

My XR is going to be 3yrs old in March next year. Apple is offering 24k for it on exchange, so I guess I'll just upgrade to the 12 at that time.
What model in storage ?
IPhone 12 is not really an upgrade apart from slightly better camera with night shots. Better wait for iPhone 13 if you can. Have suggested the same to wifey who currently have XR
same here.

What model in storage ?
128GB
Well by that logic, there will be a new phone with better features every year.
The XR does not have a night mode for camera and after 3yrs of usage the battery has degraded quite a bit. So I think its better to upgrade while I can get a good exchange price.

I almost went with the iPhone 11 last month but refrained at last moment. Now after iPhone 12 release it feels like the iPhone 11 is a good choice, if offered at good discount. Only thing which keeps bothering the F outta me is that resolution of the screen. I mean it'll be really noticeable right? A display with that resolution at 326 ppi? I would actually prefer the LCD over OLED of recent models due to PWM.

Also, on the iPhone 12 they used a QC modem, which allegedly provides much better performance. Those who have iPhone 11 faced any issues of low network or any such?

I almost went with the iPhone 11 last month but refrained at last moment. Now after iPhone 12 release it feels like the iPhone 11 is a good choice, if offered at good discount. Only thing which keeps bothering the F outta me is that resolution of the screen. I mean it'll be really noticeable right? A display with that resolution at 326 ppi? I would actually prefer the LCD over OLED of recent models due to PWM.

Also, on the iPhone 12 they used a QC modem, which allegedly provides much better performance. Those who have iPhone 11 faced any issues of low network or any such?
326 ppi is more than enough. I've s20+ , never used qhd, mostly on fhd and sometimes 720p. I'm not seeing much of a difference

Another parameter where you cannot compare iPhones spec-wise with Androids.

326 ppi is more than enough. I've s20+ , never used qhd, mostly on fhd and sometimes 720p. I'm not seeing much of a difference
QHD is bunch of BS on mobile device of 6-6.5 inches, no offence to those using it. My last 3 phones were Note 4, Pixel 1 XL and Pixel 2 XL, from 2016 to 2020, that's the only problem that my eyes are set with relatively higher PPI. I am now using a 14k Moto phone which has FHD display and I have zero problems with it though, but still I checked it's like 396 PPI. Oof!
One advantage of having FHD display is the screenshots that I often take for documentation purposes look crisp AF even after cropping. It's funny that I actually prefer to take the screenshots on mobile phones over my computer for that advantage only Lol.

QHD is bunch of BS on mobile device of 6-6.5 inches, no offence to those using it. My last 3 phones were Note 4, Pixel 1 XL and Pixel 2 XL, from 2016 to 2020, that's the only problem that my eyes are set with relatively higher PPI. I am now using a 14k Moto phone which has FHD display and I have zero problems with it though, but still I checked it's like 396 PPI. Oof!
One advantage of having FHD display is the screenshots that I often take for documentation purposes look crisp AF even after cropping. It's funny that I actually prefer to take the screenshots on mobile phones over my computer for that advantage only Lol.
Exactly my point. Now we are heading towards 600+ for no reason at all

don’t listen to the crap people say. 326 ppi is definitely dogshit. it’s unbearable especially if you’re used to flagship displays at least for a couple of years. i had the 11 for a couple weeks (which was handed over to me, i’d never buy that phone cos of the display alone) and i couldn’t stand it at all. the reason xr and 11 were so cheap is because of the horrible display. one needs to go below 8k inr models now to have a comparable screen. even pics look bad. also, non xr/11 models feel noticeably more premium in hand. i switched to xs max and the moment i picked it up it felt like i was upgrading from a 2 year old phone. avoid at all costs if you ever used a qhd phone.

if you use a samsung phone and can’t distinguish between FHD and QHD modes, there is something definitely wrong with your eyes. videos/ pics look similar but there’s noticeable blurring in text. but 720p mode you say they are similar? o_O

LCD and amoled is different. 1080p on lcd will look similar to qhd amoled. it’s something due to the pixel arrangement on amoled displays.

apple’s retina amoled resolution is perfect. can i notice a difference between that and a QHD screen? yes, but the difference is marginal and most people won’t notice.

don’t listen to the crap people say. 326 ppi is definitely dogshit. it’s unbearable especially if you’re used to flagship displays at least for a couple of years. i had the 11 for a couple weeks (which was handed over to me, i’d never buy that phone cos of the display alone) and i couldn’t stand it at all. the reason xr and 11 were so cheap is because of the horrible display. one needs to go below 8k inr models now to have a comparable screen. even pics look bad. also, non xr/11 models feel noticeably more premium in hand. i switched to xs max and the moment i picked it up it felt like i was upgrading from a 2 year old phone. avoid at all costs if you ever used a qhd phone.

if you use a samsung phone and can’t distinguish between FHD and QHD modes, there is something definitely wrong with your eyes. videos/ pics look similar but there’s noticeable blurring in text. but 720p mode you say they are similar? o_O

LCD and amoled is different. 1080p on lcd will look similar to qhd amoled. it’s something due to the pixel arrangement on amoled displays.
I'm happy that something wrong with my eyes, so I won't be advertising 600+ ppi phones [emoji3][emoji2]

My wifey have xr and I've s20+.. I don't see much of a difference except the oled part, even if I use wqhd which was unnecessary [emoji849]

I'm happy that something wrong with my eyes, so I won't be advertising 600+ ppi phones [emoji3][emoji2]

My wifey have xr and I've s20+.. I don't see much of a difference except the oled part, even if I use wqhd which was unnecessary [emoji849]
at a simple glance the display might look ok but once you start using the phone for a couple of days, you’ll definitely notice the difference.

if you can’t see the difference between a 720p lcd display and a QHD arguably one of best displays out there, you don’t really care or know anything about displays at all.

do you find a 1080p tv as good as 4k? because the viewing distance is more and definitely for you the difference won’t be as noticeable.

i’m not pushing for 600 ppi phones. there is a huge difference between 320 ppi and 450 ppi. it’s not even something to argue about.

at a simple glance the display might look ok but once you start using the phone for a couple of days, you’ll definitely notice the difference.

if you can’t see the difference between a 720p lcd display and a QHD arguably one of best displays out there, you don’t really care or know anything about displays at all.

do you find a 1080p tv as good as 4k? because the viewing distance is more and definitely for you the difference won’t be as noticeable.

i’m not pushing for 600 ppi phones. there is a huge difference between 320 ppi and 450 ppi. it’s not even something to argue about.
Agreed, a good screen with 1080p is more than enough for a mobile phone. WQHD & 4k screen (sony) are not required.
Refresh rate too, after a particular hz human eyes, can't perceive.

I am happy with 1080p + 60 hz on my S20+. Rarely goto 120hz, but not anymore.

apple’s retina amoled resolution is perfect. can i notice a difference between that and a QHD screen? yes, but the difference is marginal and most people won’t notice.
Understood. But no, you assume wrong. It takes like a couple of seconds to notice the difference between QHD and FHD. Who the F uses a 720p display in this age anyway.. The iPhone 11 display isn't 720p anyway. My point was, as now I'm using a display of 396 PPI yet my last 3 devices all had QHD displays (above 500 PPI on both the Pixels), while it's pretty noticeable the less-crisp texts from up close it still doesn't bother me in the slightest. Nutshell is I'm pretty fine with 400 PPI coming from 500+ PPI. But that doesn't mean i may be fine with 326 PPI. There's a bottom out point for every user, i just don't know mine. The biggest plus for me is i never watch any movies or any other content consumption in my mobile phones, only some YouTube here and there.

I'm very sensitive to these things. I feel dizzy when frames drop below 60 to around 50 or below in games. In less than 30 mins i feel nauseated where i feel like my brain sucked out of all the oxygen. Yet 90% of the people are fine with it. Like I said, there's a bottom point of every user you just need to find that.

You just reminded me of an extremely good point though, that of the sub-pixel structure part. I keep forgetting that. I'll pick an LCD over AMOLED any day.

Back