iPhone 3gs (8GB) / SE Neo V / Lumia 710 / S Plus ? (20k)

nikhilthecupid

Disciple
Continuing from here

http://www.techencla...or-r-or-omniaw/

Since galaxy R has been silently discontinued by Samsung, i am left with these options..

iPhone 3gs (8GB) / SE Neo V / Lumia 710 / S Plus

iPhone3GS(8GB) - 18818/-

NeoV- 17500/-

Lumia 710 - 16k

Splus - 21k

Please share your views, im inclined towards iPhone 3GS for its hassle free usage...rest have some better specs like screen cam etc...but they cannot beat the Apple usability..

Please share your views..

Also please highlight about the Data plans for iPhone 3GS, can the 99/- pack work on it ?

Please share...thanks
<

First of all you have to decide what os you want?

ios best OOB. No hassles but restrictions.

Windows- Beautiful and smooth ui but restrictions

Android- Someone who likes to make lots of modifications. It sometimes suffers from lags but if you are into custom roms and all it is the best thing out there.

@OP: iPhone all the way. And i'm not a 'fanboi' in-spite of owning 3 iphones over the years.

Apple is truly the most hassle-free of them all. Lets you get right to using apps without wondering if the ROM needs to be changed.

The battery is good, and my 3GS' battery is still good now even after 2 years of use.

Granted, there are downsides like iTunes, and I still havent gotten the hang of it after 3 years.
<

I used an HTC on WinMo for almost 2 years, and back then, I had the time to fiddle with the ROMs and stuff. But now I have no time for that, and the iphone functions without any need to change firmwares often.

Oh and the 2g Rs.99 pack works on the iPhone
<
(just get your APN settings correct)

if you are considering Iphone 3GS as an option, then i would say go for Nokia Lumia 710. Better hardware specs than Apple, and better usability, UI, and features IMO. Just go to your nearest Croma/E-Zone or Nokia Priority Store, and try this phone and decide for yourself !

Samsung Galaxy S Advanced is soon to be releasing...
<
should i wait?

1. Its not sure when it is releasing

2. It has Super AMOLED Screen, so samsung wont sell it at 20k in the beginning. It might start at 24k and gradually settle down.

So it depends on how long you are willing to wait.

And dont worry too much about GSR being discontinued unless you are looking at different Mods like Cyanogen, MIUI or some other improvements made by some developers. It is good for 20k and Samsung will upadate it to ICS.

So buy it without hesitation if you are not ready to wait 3-4 months. I too am looking to buy a phone and I am in no hurry, so will wait 3-4 months
<

Back