iPhone 3GS in mumbai

rakeshraja

Recruit
I want to purchase iPhone 3gs black in mumbai.. I am from Gujarat though. Which is good place to purchase iPhone 3gs in mumbai?

Any suggestion for ebay.in is also welcomed..

phone must be unlocked and able to be upgraded to latest firmwares

regards

Factory unlocked phones are way too expensive. As for the 3GS, the jailbreak (and hence unlock) is tethered, which means you'll loose unlock after you reboot your device. This is not true for older 3GS models. But now you'll only get 3GS with new bootrom, hence the limitation.

You'll have to connect to computer and re-jailbreak every time you reboot iPhone 3GS. That takes 30 secs-1 minunte. But is still very annoying.

Also, if you can live up with this, make sure the iPhone you are buying is at 3.1.2 firmware, not at the latest 3.1.3, which cannot be unlocked.

The scenario will change in future, when new unlocking tools are released.

Sheesh..sorry for the long post but I think its necessary for you to know these thing if you are going for iPhone 3GS

P.S Oh yes, the same is not true for iPhone 3G (no loosing unlock after reboot), but still you need it to be at 3.1.2 to be unlockable.

Iphone 3GS with the new bootrom have this problem. But its not true that you loose the jailbreak and unlock everytime you have to restart phone. but to start the you will have to connect the phone to a computer and run blacra1n. In presence of an already jailbroken phone, it will simply boot it. You dont have to jailbreak and unlock it everytime.

@reshadat & Dr.ashish,

thanks for the clarification about the iphone 3gs. I was looking to purchase a 16GB 3GS. Would you tell me the price range for the jailbroken iphone? also what's the cost of the dock for the iphone? The factory unlocked phones are in the range of 34k for the 3GS i believe.

Thanks again

Back