Budget 15-20K iPhone 4 16GB for approx 18K in exchange of used android, need advice

raksrules

Elite
I am deliberately not using the template here because we have fixed the phone to be bought, it is going to be an iPhone. Just want to make it clear that android is totally out of list here. So please do not suggest any android device.
Now my brother does not really have a budget but i know how much he could spend and as per what his needs are i suggested iPhone 4 to him. He is using Infuse as of now with stock Froyo OS (yes Froyo).
He just uses some apps and whatsapp and wants a good battery life.

Now to the main question, is buying a 16GB iPhone 4 new for around 18K in exchange of the infuse, a good deal ? No store is buying the Infuse as it is so exchange is only option.
And i know the condition of the infuse so i am deliberately not selling it to any individual here on TE or any other forum.
We are not really after any latest devices or future proofing anything. Want something which suffices his needs and is a quality product. I know most apps will work on the iPhone 4 and i can also update to iOS 7 if needed.

If the requirement is urgent then you can go ahead but if its not then you should wait IMO, as 10th September is just a day after. iPhone 4 prices might fall further with Apple might want to clear its stock in countries like India.

Yes I have told my brother same thing. I am hoping for reduction in iPhone 4 pricing in India or total removal from sale which means only the remaining pieces in market will have to be sold.
Let's see how it shapes up.

Btw does anyone know when the price slashing reflects on old apple devices? I am hoping for the iPhone 4 prices to become less.
I have a feeling that iPhone 4 will be discontinued in India as they might start pushing 5C as lower cost iPhone.

iPhone 4 can be had for 15K (Used) and 4S for upto 25K
I suggest to wait till 5C hits. It will be around 30K if I am not wrong, then 4 and 4S will go down more. :)

IPhone in warranty matter to you... If not why not go for iPhone 4s used from Grey market..

The thing is we want to sell the Infuse and it is almost unsellable except exchange. The infuse has issues with it hardware as well as battery so even if i buy used iPhone 4, the infuse still remains as i and we want to let go that. Also warranty personally i am not wanting but i thought a brand new warranty phone would be better than a used piece.

Btw does anyone know when the price slashing reflects on old apple devices? I am hoping for the iPhone 4 prices to become less.
I have a feeling that iPhone 4 will be discontinued in India as they might start pushing 5C as lower cost iPhone.

Somehow I feel the opposite way. 5C which is told to be cheaper will be priced around 30K which is 'cheaper' but not. For sub-20K segment iPhone 4/4S might be retained. I see iPhone 5 to be discontinued. However this strategy is risky when looking from brand positioning of a company. All air will be clear in next 50 hours :p

Just back from the apple premium reseller in my area and he told me that Apple officially sells only 8GB model in India for iPhone 4 and no 16GB. Wonder how flipkart is selling (seller is WS Retail) the 16GB model.
I hope i get some clarity by next weekend.

Just back from the apple premium reseller in my area and he told me that Apple officially sells only 8GB model in India for iPhone 4 and no 16GB. Wonder how flipkart is selling (seller is WS Retail) the 16GB model.

I remember well that there was a ad in front page of DNA for buyback and Rs.8000 off on 16GB model from Redington around a month back. Rs.6000 off was for 8GB model. Ad also said for iPhone 4S offers contact them.

I remember well that there was a ad in front page of DNA for buyback and Rs.8000 off on 16GB model from Redington around a month back. Rs.6000 off was for 8GB model. Ad also said for iPhone 4S offers contact them.

Can you tell me where i have to contact them exactly, any contact number ? In Mumbai preferably ? I want to call and ask them about this and know what they will offer and even take Infuse or not and what the MRP is for 16GB. I tried googling but could not get exact results.

Edit: Ok so i called up a shop in FC Road, Pune, whose number i got from Redington website and he did mention me about the offer.
But he said that 16GB iPhone 4 is 31500 MRP - 8000 Rs discount on giving a smartphone. The MRP is atrocious. :mad:
The price after discount is not at all worth it i feel.

In Indraprasth shopping center in Borivali, Mumbai, my brother asked and he got price as 25K-25.5K - 6K-7K for the infuse. This brings the 16GB price to 18K or so.
So going through redington is not a good option i believe.

Yes the price for 16GB was 31500 mentioned it in that ad. The point behind mentioning about ad was that 16GB model does sell in India. You can also keep a check on Ganpati offers from Indian retail store, if any.

stick the 4s if you can i have seen an iphone with ios 6 and it still lagged! I think you intend to keep the phone a while like say 2 to 3 years right? Dont go for the Iphone 4, the 4s is a safer bet! What deal are you getting with the 4s?

Back