iPhone 4s vs Samsung Galaxy S3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Singer

Recruit
guys please help me choose one of these.. their specifications sound quite similar and i already have an iphone 3g(Got kinda bored with it).
i will mainly use my phone for music, games(if i get bored while travelling or in a party) and photography. ya i do watch videos on it occasionally.
how is the sound quality on both of it? Please help me with your opinions..

God bless..

iPhone 4S at this point doesn't really seem like a very VFM phone with 5 being announced in a few months. Unless you are really acustomed to the Apple ecosystem and there are apps / stuff which you won't find on Android , there is no reason to consider it . The S3 is a beast of a device and has an amazing camera as well for mobile photography needs . Just that it looks a little plasticy for a flagship phone but then that's typical Samsung. You could also consider the HTC One X , looks really sexy :D

I would pick up none and wait. S3 for its price looks cheap and doesn't stand out like the iPhone 4/4s. The iPhone 4s doesn't have anything significant over a iPhone 4. HTC OneX looks wicked though. If I were you I would stay put with my cash and wait it out for better offerings in near future.

iPhone 5 would surely be priced upwards 45k and would take at least a month after US launch date to reach india.

So if u can wait and have that budget then u should consider iPhone 5 else u can go for 4s as its price is now around 34k

Camera - iPhone 4S (F/2.4 4.28mm) > SGS 3 (F/2.6 3.97mm).
Music - Of Course iPhone, with tons of accessories to choose from (Docs, Air Play, Blue Tooth & Wired).
Screen - One X is far better then SGS 3. Honestly, once you get used to One X it is hard to go back to AMOLED/sAMOLED/sAMOLED+.
OS - Android > iOS (Personally, I prefer iOS, Don't Like Staying Behind or buy a new device, just for getting the Latest Update).
Battery - iOS Devices.

Value For Money - Depends if you are like me then you will define the value for money by looking at the fact that Apple Supports their devices exactly for 3 years and update them with the latest operating systems (thought they might miss out on few functions due to hardware limitations). Do not forget that this makes you keep all your contacts, information and applications seamlessly on one single device, which is really good for a user who is highly dependent on his/her phone.

GODSPEED

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

Some Camera Comparisions

How does the iPhone 4S camera stack-up against other cameras?

Camera - iPhone 4S (F/2.4 4.28mm) > SGS 3 (F/2.6 3.97mm).
Music - Of Course iPhone, with tons of accessories to choose from (Docs, Air Play, Blue Tooth & Wired).
Screen - One X is far better then SGS 3. Honestly, once you get used to One X it is hard to go back to AMOLED/sAMOLED/sAMOLED+.
OS - Android > iOS (Personally, I prefer iOS, Don't Like Staying Behind or buy a new device, just for getting the Latest Update).
Battery - iOS Devices.

Value For Money - Depends if you are like me then you will define the value for money by looking at the fact that Apple Supports their devices exactly for 3 years and update them with the latest operating systems (thought they might miss out on few functions due to hardware limitations). Do not forget that this makes you keep all your contacts, information and applications seamlessly on one single device, which is really good for a user who is highly dependent on his/her phone.

GODSPEED

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

Some Camera Comparisions

How does the iPhone 4S camera stack-up against other cameras?

From what I have read the camera isnt much different
http://www.androidauthority.com/xperia-s-vs-iphone-4s-vs-s3-vs-one-x-camera-fight-90384/

A0. The front camera on iphone 4s is a vga camera unlike the s3...so if you are planning to do any 3g or facetime calls...i am not sure you should go for vga
A1. You can update the OS in android any time you want, you dont have to wait for 3 years (which is a very long time, nobody keeps a phone that long)
A2. All the contacts are automatically backed up to google servers.
A3. If you dont do a full wipe while installing a custom ROM (for the latest OS) you wouldnt lose any app data or contacts or messages
A4.For music, I have seen my friend buying a special klipsch s4i (extra 25$) just because its compatible with his iphone. For android, all headsets are compatible for pausing, fwd, rewind, next song etc.
A5. You can get all the music accessories you want on Android without having to pay extra for Apple's proprietary cables or compatibility issues
AI=. App stores are almost identical.

From what I have read the camera isnt much different
Galaxy S3 vs One X vs Xperia S vs iPhone 4S: Camera Fight!

A0. The front camera on iphone 4s is a vga camera unlike the s3...so if you are planning to do any 3g or facetime calls...i am not sure you should go for vga
A1. You can update the OS in android any time you want, you dont have to wait for 3 years (which is a very long time, nobody keeps a phone that long)
A2. All the contacts are automatically backed up to google servers.
A3. If you dont do a full wipe while installing a custom ROM (for the latest OS) you wouldnt lose any app data or contacts or messages
A4.For music, I have seen my friend buying a special klipsch s4i (extra 25$) just because its compatible with his iphone. For android, all headsets are compatible for pausing, fwd, rewind, next song etc.
A5. You can get all the music accessories you want on Android without having to pay extra for Apple's proprietary cables or compatibility issues
AI=. App stores are almost identical.

1. Use My iPhone for more then 6 months in an year on Skype (An Average), never faced any issues, while had some really bad experience with SGS3's orientation on Skype.
2. Guy who started the thread is using iPhone 3G (You were saying something about "NO ONE USES THE PHONE FOR 3 YEARS"). And Apple releases updates frequently 'Not Just One In 3 Years'.
3. Take a scenario where you have your PC but not the Internet, You Phone Crashes, You restore your OS and then...... Well just Sync in iTunes, everything is sorted. So Online & Offline Capability of restore makes the data available 100% of the time (Not Just When You Have The Internet).
4. Active Sync + Zenprice (Rooted Phone is a big no for Enterprise Emails). So rooted is useless for me, of for anyone who wants to use Official Emails on their Phones.
5. I agree on this (Its a Luxury & Depends On Individual).
6. I agree on this (Its a Luxury & Depends On Individual).

GODSPEED

WOW! Your question itself has your answer ;)

Iphone 4S is the phone for you no doubt.

Better battery life, better audio quality and arguably better games too. And camera wise Iphone 4s takes the lead as Samsung is shipping Galaxy S3 with two modules - Sony and Samsung's own. The Sony module is similar in quality to Iphone 4s but the Samsung module takes significantly worse pics with a lot of noise. So you can't be sure which camera module you're gonna get.

So I'd say get the Iphone 4s eyes closed OR wait for the Iphone 5!!!

And please, do not even consider the One X. It has pathetic audio quality.

1. Use My iPhone for more then 6 months in an year on Skype (An Average), never faced any issues, while had some really bad experience with SGS3's orientation on Skype.
2. Guy who started the thread is using iPhone 3G (You were saying something about "NO ONE USES THE PHONE FOR 3 YEARS"). And Apple releases updates frequently 'Not Just One In 3 Years'.
3. Take a scenario where you have your PC but not the Internet, You Phone Crashes, You restore your OS and then...... Well just Sync in iTunes, everything is sorted. So Online & Offline Capability of restore makes the data available 100% of the time (Not Just When You Have The Internet).
4. Active Sync + Zenprice (Rooted Phone is a big no for Enterprise Emails). So rooted is useless for me, of for anyone who wants to use Official Emails on their Phones.
5. I agree on this (Its a Luxury & Depends On Individual).
6. I agree on this (Its a Luxury & Depends On Individual).

GODSPEED

^^ I also think he mentioned that he is bored with the Iphone...even with the latest IOS update which he would have got "automatically"

1. That is saying VGA cameras have better quality as compared to other cameras? Are you sure that is the way they were invented and not the other way round?
2. May be I was wrong some people actually do use their phones for 3 years
3.There are many offline backup capabilities in Android. Consider MIUI...it has an offline backup of everything including App data + Contacts + everything else including even your home screen config.
4. I work for a bank and use exchange server on my rooted android and they dont have a problem with it. May be you would need to confirm with your company regarding that.
5.We have not even started talking about the fact that More RAM and More CPU Cores actually help a phone. In case you dont agree even with this I am not sure why 512 MB ram is not more expensive as compared to 1GB ram

Well the Iphone is good , I have used my ipod and now I am bored.

Customization is where Android really wins over IOS. I dont want my phone to look the same every year.

Also , I am using Email for my office email on rooted phone. No security flag has been raised.

while had some really bad experience with SGS3's orientation on Skype.

@JayMathers Can you please elaborate? Would like to know if there is a big problem with SGS3's FFC.

I don't have a webcam and use my SGS2's FFC for all Video Chats so it's important that they not be VGA. I'm seriously considering iPhone 5 as an option, hope it gets a better FFcamera.

Wait for sometime and get the iphone 5.. As you have been using an older gen iphone, the transition will be smooth. All your stuff can simply be transferred over+a fantastic camera+very good media player..

GS3 is a beast of a phone but Apple knows it and hence will up the ante, 4s is only limited by its smaller screen. And Apple knows this..

And all this hoopla about big screens.. Seriously.. 4" is more than enough, we are moving towards smaller, sleeker gadgets and here we have Samsung jutting out phones with 5" screens.. Novelty features are gud, but seriously people look idiotic speaking over a 5" Note...

My 2 cents..

^^ Says who? the millions of people who have taken Note to talk on them.

Apple gives less ram, cpu AND screen size...because it is cheaper for them and because that helps them extract more profit from their rich customers.

So long as people are willing to believe that less is more in case of Apple, Apple will be happy providing half the hardware at double the price.

My only 1 cent.

If there's one aspect where the Apple iP4S thrashes the GS3, that would be the build quality without a second thought. The GS2 felt plasticky and the GS3 is super plasticky!

And talk about the irony - the HTC One X has a polycarbonate build and the cheaper One V has the Alu. unibody! :p

Apple gives less ram, cpu AND screen size...because it is cheaper for them and because that helps them extract more profit from their rich customers.

And those 'rich customers' seem to be content with whatever Apple has provided because those apps. seem to work perfectly fine with the device without any hiccups! That extra hardware does not seem warranted FWIW.

Just my 1 anna.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back