iPhone : Is it really worth it?

guptaji

Adept
hey guts..

Since my bro will be coming down in dec, I've been seriously considering of gettin an APPLE iPhone..
but really wondering if its worth it..
One of the main attractions for me is the in built iPod..i need a PMP as i travel for long hours everyday..and a phone cum PMP would obviously offer portability and convenience . .
But would i be better off gettin a dedicated PMP instead..or would the iPhone be enough..?

and hows the phone in general? any pressing software issues ?
any feedback from the owners would be greatly appreciated..

i think HTC Touch has better functions than Iphone.. only thing HTC misses is the accelerometer & 8GB space.. :) iphone doesnt look like a business phone and its quite big in size :)

if u r getting the 8gb i phone FOR THE ACTUAL 400 $(approx-15k) price..

IMO it is totally worth it..and not just for the looks of the phone...

because u get a 8 gb I pod..a decent 2 mp camera...wifi device for surfing , damn kewl and sexy phone ..

i dont think theres any other phone for 15 k which gives u such features..

if i was in u r place.and had the chance to select a phone ..for 15 k

my priority would be i phone

yeah its true that its got some bugs..and steve jobs messed with some of the features but for me the 8 gb i pod ,one of the best looking screens ..a fast processor with a superb OS..and a really good looking phone compensate for the missed out features. !!

If u want a phone + PMP and somethin to play around with ..I say go for it

..its totally worth it cause i dont think htc touch or a business phone is what u r looking for ..

..nothing else ..will give u the happiness once u get it..

in the end listen to your heart buddy..

thanks for ur responses guys..
i'm not looking for a business phone for sure..

and i'm not new to the whole touch screen either..i'm currently using the MOTOMING..

wat attracts me towards the iPhone is the in built iPod, fast OS and the brilliant screen (as farheen and a lot of other reviews have mentioned..)

@nvidiabeast

which functions are better on the HTC? would the HTC rate as a better PMP than the iPhone..?

guptaji said:
thanks for ur responses guys..
i'm not looking for a business phone for sure..

and i'm not new to the whole touch screen either..i'm currently using the MOTOMING..

wat attracts me towards the iPhone is the in built iPod, fast OS and the brilliant screen (as farheen and a lot of other reviews have mentioned..)

@nvidiabeast

which functions are better on the HTC? would the HTC rate as a better PMP than the iPhone..?

err i am not farheen but faheem..lolz ..its ohk..:p:rofl:

and yeah HTC is one of the best in ts segment ..ie business class\PDA

and i phone ..IMO is the best for entertainment ..ie-watching movies and listening to muzik on the move..

i dont think any other phone will come close to i phone in terms of SQ and the screen cause windows mobile phones are locked to 65K colours due to limitations of windows Mobile.

while the i phone will give u rich 16million colours..

so again movies will look better on the i phone..

PSP is another device which has a really good screen..and is also a PMP. along with a gaming device..but thats another story as u need a phone PMP..

PS:

after reading my previous posts ,many may think that i am a Apple fanboy.

but to tell u i am not..i dont own a single apple device(not even a i-pod:()

but whateverh i have written is after checking out the i phone for almost 1 full day at a friends place..

after reading the initial reviews ..even i was like ..it gonna be a piece of crap..because of so much ..bugs !

but u really need to see it to believe it !

faheem_m said:
err i am not farheen but faheem..lolz ..its ohk..:p:rofl:
and yeah HTC is one of the best in ts segment ..ie business class\PDA
lol..sorry about that..my bad :D

faheem_m said:
but whateverh i have written is after checking out the i phone for almost 1 full day at a friends place..

this is wat i was looking for..feedback from ppl who have actually handled the product..
thanks mate..

Yes Iphone Is Too Cool

accelerometer & 8GB space
The accelerometer is actually pretty annoying.. 8 gb microSDHC cards are almost out.. 6 gb available

wat attracts me towards the iPhone is the in built iPod
what the hell does that mean anyway, "inbuilt iPod". thats nothing but a music player. even 5k phones have that :S

what the hell does that mean anyway, "inbuilt iPod". thats nothing but a music player. even 5k phones have th
...those music players in 5k phone ur talkin r not even comparable to a ipod frget the i-phone comparision...
inbuilt ipod is miles ahead of those music players or even walkman phones...

thanks SCZ

i read ur review before posting this thread..it was a nice review..

but 2 months down the line, does it still hold its charm, or is it jus another phone now..?

also, how good is watching a movie on that screen..?

still the best phone i've used...by miles :)

(and i've used quite a few smartphones)

watching videos is nearly as good as the psp (and the psp is one of the best pmp devices)

audiophile2rock said:
...those music players in 5k phone ur talkin r not even comparable to a ipod frget the i-phone comparision...

inbuilt ipod is miles ahead of those music players or even walkman phones...

i was being sarcastic. :rofl: it's just a stupid phrase "inbuilt iPod". I wonder what people will say for microsoft smartphones then to brag to noobs..

"my phone has inbuilt zune"

"my phone has inbuilt ipod"

"so what can you guys do?"

"we can play songs dude check this out im so cool"

"uh so wait.............. *rolls eyes*

Back