iPhone not charging

Punker

Skilled
Guys my brother's iPhone is not charging. I've tried new adapter, USB cable, different socket, tried charging it through computer but no luck. It was fine till yesterday. What to do ?

TIA,
Punker

Thing is phone was not charged and is dead now so can't restore it. Any other option ?

Did you try keeping it connected to charger for few hours and see. Usually when my iPhone goes dead and i connect to charger, the big red battery (with charging symbol) does not come immediately but takes some time. So i suggest keeping it connected to wall charger for some time.
Also if you have another iDevice, try checking for sure that the charger and cable are absolutely fine.

Did you try keeping it connected to charger for few hours and see. Usually when my iPhone goes dead and i connect to charger, the big red battery (with charging symbol) does not come immediately but takes some time. So i suggest keeping it connected to wall charger for some time.
Also if you have another iDevice, try checking for sure that the charger and cable are absolutely fine.

When I connected my brother's phone to the charger it had around 5% battery left and yes I connected my iPhone and it was charging. I also tried charging it with brand new charger and cable but no luck.

Guys my brother's iPhone is not charging. I've tried new adapter, USB cable, different socket, tried charging it through computer but no luck. It was fine till yesterday. What to do ?

TIA,
Punker
What Version of Iphone ?Did you dropped it ?
There might be possibility that you broke one of the three wires attached to battery through mainboard(although they are well soldered and don't easily come off).

What Version of Iphone ?Did you dropped it ?
There might be possibility that you broke one of the three wires attached to battery through mainboard(although they are well soldered and don't easily come off).

It's 4S and no never dropped it and it was fine till last night.

Don't know about 4S.But my 2G gave similar problem,but that was after I replaced the battery myself.
Try to connect it with itunes, or any other software which may detect idevice.

Phone is dead i.e. no battery

I had some thing similar happend with my i4. It switched off for no reason and did not realize it for long time. Connected to power no use , itunes no use but pressing and holding home + power button did make it sprung back into life.

Give it a try.

I had some thing similar happend with my i4. It switched off for no reason and did not realize it for long time. Connected to power no use , itunes no use but pressing and holding home + power button did make it sprung back into life.

Give it a try.

tried like 100 times !

when I press home + power button, it asks me to charge the phone but when I connect it to charger and press home + power button then nothing happens

Back