iOS iPhone X - Went to get battery changed, Audio Receiver Diagnostic Failed

raksrules

Elite
So I took my wife's iPhone X to Aptronix Apple Reseller store for getting its battery replaced. They did a diagnostic there itself wherein they do something in phone and they did something on their macbook. This is kind of remote diagnostic apple does usually if asked. They showed me that the Audio receiver Test failed and told me that since the audio is sort of combined with screen, there is a 50:50 chance that once the phone is opened for battery change, the earpiece may completely die and that would result in entire screen replacement with underlying things and will cost me 26K.

I told them to not replace battery due to this. Can anyone tell me what is the problem here and am I looking at issues even if I never replace battery? I am contemplating selling the phone on cashify if there is a potential issue lurking below.

I am bumping my own thread. Co-incidence or accurate diagnostic from apple store but the earpiece of my wife's iPhone X seems to have started to go bad. The voice we hear on calls is tearing (awaaz fatt rahi hai).
As per my previous post, Apple store was asking 26K for replacement of entire screen which has earpiece etc too fused I guess and obviously I won't be paying that price. Is this fixable for cheap outside? Or is there a chance that we will lose Face Id functionality if 3rd party opens the phone?

I checked on cashify and it says 2000 for fixing of the same. Not sure if i should go ahead or not.

Last edited:
I remember getting iphone x fixed, You can get it fixed for 100/200 locally, There is a thin cloth net between the speaker and speaker grill which over the time gets dirty and u hear kir kir sound. Ask the repair guy to remove the net and I'm sure that will fix the problem.

Also on iphone x the speaker is a seprate part u and can be replaced with a new one locally.

Last edited:
I remember getting iphone x fixed, You can get it fixed for 100/200 locally, There is a thin cloth net between the speaker and speaker grill which over the time gets dirty and u hear kir kir sound. Ask the repair guy to remove the net and I'm sure that will fix the problem.

Also on iphone x the speaker is a seprate part u and can be replaced with a new one locally.
Oh thanks. In that case, before I call the cashify guy, I will take the phone to a well known shopping center in Mumbai (Indraprasth) where there is a basement full of phone shops and several repair ones too and ask there.

Oh thanks. In that case, before I call the cashify guy, I will take the phone to a well known shopping center in Mumbai (Indraprasth) where there is a basement full of phone shops and several repair ones too and ask there.
Yes u can, Most of the time it's not the speaker it's the net.

First try and get it cleaned with falcon 530 and see if that makes a difference.

Dude don't even think about it. Go to Indraprastha since you anyway stay close by. You have a zillion options there. None of them are cheap but they are skilled. I have gotten many things repaired from there. No specific shop but I used to chose the ones near the clothing shops as the ones near the entrance charge more. Apple service guys know only one thing - replace replace replace. The only challenge is that now the Apple guys won't replace your battery even if the earpiece is okay because you have opened it elsewhere. And the aftermarket batteries are generally shit (Indraprastha or elsewhere).

My suggestion get the battery replaced first at apple. Then go to Indraprastha and get the earpiece repaired.

Dude don't even think about it. Go to Indraprastha since you anyway stay close by. You have a zillion options there. None of them are cheap but they are skilled. I have gotten many things repaired from there. No specific shop but I used to chose the ones near the clothing shops as the ones near the entrance charge more. Apple service guys know only one thing - replace replace replace. The only challenge is that now the Apple guys won't replace your battery even if the earpiece is okay because you have opened it elsewhere. And the aftermarket batteries are generally shit (Indraprastha or elsewhere).

My suggestion get the battery replaced first at apple. Then go to Indraprastha and get the earpiece repaired.
I like your idea about battery replacement and then earpiece at indraprasth. I prefer to go in basement and on right side after about 3 or so shops, there is one repair only small shop inside on right side. They don't sell anything, just repair. They have this Glass and small horizontal opening from where you slide your phone.

But on the other side, should I get a 3rd party battery changed and earpiece and sell off the phone?

I like your idea about battery replacement and then earpiece at indraprasth. I prefer to go in basement and on right side after about 3 or so shops, there is one repair only small shop inside on right side. They don't sell anything, just repair. They have this Glass and small horizontal opening from where you slide your phone.

But on the other side, should I get a 3rd party battery changed and earpiece and sell off the phone?
I used to go to exact same shop. The guy is skilled. An iPhone xs with an original battery will probably sell for 15k. With a non original battery will fetch 10k maybe. If it's perfectly usable, much better to spend 5k and use it for 2 years more. Anyway most apple users don't buy mid range Android. So my guess is anything new for you will be around 50k. If that's a spending you would prefer to delay, just keep using your current one I would say.
That's misinformation.

That's for in warranty phones.
Not really. They can turn you back irrespective of the warranty status if the device has been repaired outside. Logic is that apple might get the blame for a fault caused by an unskilled guy that Apple has no control over

Not really. They can turn you back irrespective of the warranty status if the device has been repaired outside. Logic is that apple might get the blame for a fault caused by an unskilled guy that Apple has no control over
So they use this pretext to charge for service that could be had for less elsewhere

Does not cost that much for the part. Wonder how much the original goes for

I used to go to exact same shop. The guy is skilled. An iPhone xs with an original battery will probably sell for 15k. With a non original battery will fetch 10k maybe. If it's perfectly usable, much better to spend 5k and use it for 2 years more. Anyway most apple users don't buy mid range Android. So my guess is anything new for you will be around 50k. If that's a spending you would prefer to delay, just keep using your current one I would say.

Android is out of question. If the phone is changed it will be new iPhone only. Nothing below 13. Also I am not very keen on spending money right now as recently we got new Apple Watch SE.
May be will do what you mentioned, get battery changed and then head to indraprasth for getting earpiece checked / changed.

Back