IPTV recommendation?

_Root_

Disciple
I sometimes have the itch to watch live channels but don't want to spend a bomb on DTH setup so are IPTVs reliable and do they work on SamsungTV?

Can you recommend any such service? I came across couple of sites and app but they look very sketchy.

I sometimes have the itch to watch live channels but don't want to spend a bomb on DTH setup so are IPTVs reliable and do they work on SamsungTV?

Can you recommend any such service? I came across couple of sites and app but they look very sketchy.
They are sketchy because they are illegal. I did go through a few trials in the past and all of them worked during the trial, but these services change their names every year and discontinue old subscriptions, so you can try on a monthly basis.

I discontinued my DTH several years ago, tried once again earlier this year and the experience was horrible. Been happy with Jio TV over Kodi along with OTT and live news channels on YT. If you have Samsung TV Plus, then that too has a lot of watchable streaming channels.

Does Kodi provide IPTVs as well live channel streaming? I am mostly interested in Nat Geo/discovery type channels
If you have Samsung TV Plus, then that too has a lot of watchable streaming channels.
I deleted all channels initially when they launched they had only republic TV and few pets related channels nothing good.

Does Kodi provide IPTVs as well live channel streaming? I am mostly interested in Nat Geo/discovery type channels

I deleted all channels initially when they launched they had only republic TV and few pets related channels nothing good.
Use the Botallen plugin for Kodi if you have a Jio number. Quality isn't great but you get most of the channels.

All Discovery channels are now part of Samsung TV Plus along with others like Magellan and the In network of channels.

Besides that, it is up to you as to which OTT apps you want to use for Start, Sony, Zee channels.

Any updates on this topic?

I was using botallen kodi addon based on jiotv. But its quite unreliable and now almost non functional as many channels dont work. So desperately seeking alternatives (for parents, i am least bothered about tv channel content otherwise). I already have zee5, sonyliv, voot, hotstar, yupptv scope premium subscription but old age parents dont want to switch to apps to use on tv.

I wish i could make iptv playlist from yupptv scope premium membership i have. As their app design and implementation is sick pathetic.

Last edited:
Any updates on this topic?

I was using botallen kodi addon based on jiotv. But its quite unreliable and now almost non functional as many channels dont work. So desperately seeking alternatives (for parents, i am least bothered about tv channel content otherwise). I already have zee5, sonyliv, voot, hotstar, yupptv scope premium subscription but old age parents dont want to switch to apps to use on tv.

I wish i could make iptv playlist from yupptv scope premium membership i have. As their app design and implementation is sick pathetic.
I will not link them directly but basically you can run a Jio TV server that uses your login to generate authentication tokens which then provides decrypted URLs that can be used in M3U playlists.

I am presently running a Jio TV server on my old Windows tablet which is basically my home server, but there are variants that also run off a mobile.

The upside is that the playlist can be accessed universally and now I am using an IPTV app on my Samsung TV to not only access the Jio TV channels but a lot of other IPTV channels available internationally, which I have added to the same playlist. So, don't even need a separate streaming device anymore which is also convenient.

I will not link them directly but basically you can run a Jio TV server that uses your login to generate authentication tokens which then provides decrypted URLs that can be used in M3U playlists.

I am presently running a Jio TV server on my old Windows tablet which is basically my home server, but there are variants that also run off a mobile.

The upside is that the playlist can be accessed universally and now I am using an IPTV app on my Samsung TV to not only access the Jio TV channels but a lot of other IPTV channels available internationally, which I have added to the same playlist. So, don't even need a separate streaming device anymore which is also convenient.
Can you dm how you do it or any link ???? thanks

Can you dm how you do it or any link ???? thanks
Running this one directly on a Fire TV and CGTV by having the script execute on boot in the background. Works fine for the most part, though buffering occurs on some instances.

There are multiple repositories for a PHP server which are a bit too heavy for these RAM limited devices but are great for using on desktops/laptops.

Last edited:
I have hosted one of the JioTV repo in my PI and have been using it for 3+ months now. My 2 bits on this:
- Many options to play. like you can use the php to create the channels list, or generate a m3u playlist.
- Buffering is there. Though you've to use your own Jio credentials, it still buffers. I've tried with various players, buffering is still there. Not all the time, but during peak time, ex: 6PM-10PM even SD channels buffer. Other times, it plays fine with very occassional buffer.
- Login expire once in 15 days (I guess). These repos have a login page, easy to relogin
- EPG won't be available, while some repos do have EPG, they're not accurate
- I could see only genre wise filter, couldn't find language wise filter in any of the player. Fortunately, we can add favourites. that helps to some extent.

Got fed up of the bufferings and moved to an IPTV provider (not sure legal or illegal) and the experience is decent (obviously better than my PI-hosted-jiotv). I do have OTT subscriptions (SunNXT, Hotstar, Zee, Voot etc,) but couldn't find a common place to show and play live TV channels alone from these apps.

I have hosted one of the JioTV repo in my PI and have been using it for 3+ months now. My 2 bits on this:
- Many options to play. like you can use the php to create the channels list, or generate a m3u playlist.
- Buffering is there. Though you've to use your own Jio credentials, it still buffers. I've tried with various players, buffering is still there. Not all the time, but during peak time, ex: 6PM-10PM even SD channels buffer. Other times, it plays fine with very occassional buffer.
- Login expire once in 15 days (I guess). These repos have a login page, easy to relogin
- EPG won't be available, while some repos do have EPG, they're not accurate
- I could see only genre wise filter, couldn't find language wise filter in any of the player. Fortunately, we can add favourites. that helps to some extent.

Got fed up of the bufferings and moved to an IPTV provider (not sure legal or illegal) and the experience is decent (obviously better than my PI-hosted-jiotv). I do have OTT subscriptions (SunNXT, Hotstar, Zee, Voot etc,) but couldn't find a common place to show and play live TV channels alone from these apps.
This is not meant to be a replacement in general but definitely does the job for parents who watch specific channels. The buffering during prime time is definitely an issue but I found it to be worse on the php variants than the nodejs one running through Termux, so implementation is definitely a problem (can't complain for free).

Personally, OTT apps with YouTube streams for News does the job.

Running this one directly on a Fire TV and CGTV by having the script execute on boot in the background. Works fine for the most part, though buffering occurs on some instances.

There are multiple repositories for a PHP server which are a bit too heavy for these RAM limited devices but are great for using on desktops/laptops.
HI thanks for update , frankly what you provided i can follow to T. But i do not know anything about whats IPTV and whether its usefull in todays subscription driven OTT platforms or traditional monthly channel ...

I had first heard of IPTV from mtnl when there was not so boom or aka internet in every hand in India ..I just know that one watch all this drama/serials over telpehone wire rather then cabal coaxial wire

Anywas thanks go something to learn new

I could run jio tv server as well finally. . Haven't tested it extensively to judge about buffering etc. But it's definitely better and free alternative.

Are there any helpful resources with which i can make such playlists of live tv channels from my premium memberships of ott apps? Right now I took BA paid service for the timebeing but don't wish to continue paying when I already have premium ott subs.

Will have to check but different channels have different resolutions.

Btw @t3chg33k, how to run jio tv server on windows desktop? I want to test it by giving it best possible hardware resources including wired network.
Really simple that way using XAMPP. Most you might need to do is open port 8080 in the Apache config file.

Guys i really wish to watch itv (official streamer from UK) here in India , is there any way to get it via kodi..
I am using Google chromecast Hd, haven't had any experience work kodi..

Thanks in advance

Back