Budget 41-50k Is 8th gen i5 worth it over i3 ?

Now 8th gen i3 too have overclocking upto 2.4 ghx (same as i5).

i5 has lower base clock of 1.6 vs 2.2 in i3.
i5 has 4 core vs 2 in 3.

Previously i5 used to shine as it has higher turbo boost while i3 had none but in 8th gen even i3 has turbo boost.

So for a basic user is i5 8250u worth it ? Assuming its priced within + 10k of i3 8130u.

The tasks i do where i dont need lag is
1. opening folders with images etc
2. Opening hi res images upto 10mb size
3. Multi tasking on google adwords and facebook ads managers
4. Other web analytics tools

Will a i5 be any help to me ? I tried a i3 8th gen with a ssd and it seems decent. im sure if ssd was nvme it would have been better but those laptops with nvme are wayyy expensive.

Buy ryzen 5 2500U. It's priced between i3 and i5 and has better graphics than both. Performance is much better than the i3. Costs around 30k-35k with 4GB ram.

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i3-8130U-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-2500U/m468020vsm378273
thanks i know but this cpu in very limited models and very hard to get in a maodel you like. Also to me graphics don't mater as i dont game. Apparently only intel sells in india so even stores barely keep a few models with it. I visited 10 laptop shops in nehru place this month and saw hardly any amd ones.

Flipkart return went smoothly?
not yet. these idiots at FK first called at odd hours and within 5-6 rings they cut call and email I was unreachable at 8:30 in morning when I'm getting ready. finally I connected today and they said asus tech will visit me within 5 days for the light bleed issue. Now I take my phone everywhere with full ring volume so I don't miss a call. Hope he approves the return so I get a refund. i am sure they will try and force me to use the laptop but I have 3 other laptops to show him this issue isn't there always.

Back