Budget 15-20K Is AMOLED (any brand) really Fragile?

Hi,

Just wish to know/hear all of AMOLED or sAmoled owners repose on above query.

Thank you
It isnt fragile. Just that you can use lcd even if it takes water damage etc, my lcd screen phone had a tiny area in centre which when observed carefully would appear discolored. One of my friends had little damage to his phone with sAmoled and whole screen started flickering.

Has it been exposed to water damage?
it did fall in a small stream once, and I've used it in the rain on multiple occasions, although not for any long duration - no longer than 30 seconds, and always fully dried it with a cloth or towel nearby
2 drop (from 4-5 feet height) in a day is normal :)
Use an armored case with screen protection (lips around the screen edge)

Hi, did you accidentally dropped it any time in 4 yrs. , my main concern is the person who wish to buy handset is a person with buttery hand.... 2 drop (from 4-5 feet height) in a day is normal :)
What do you mean? Just like nobody meets with an accident on purpose with interest, phones can slip off your hands pretty easily depending on the situation esp. now when phones are 6+ inches imagine the day phones will be 15inches..

I don't find amoled to be worth it in phones. I got burn in on my note 8 and note 9 and had yellow screen issue on my moto Z play. Every amoled phone I owned has given me at least one display related trouble, so I am out, not worth the loss of peace of mind.

Meanwhile, my lcd iphone se 2016 is still going strong without a single display related issue.

using k20 pro since one year. it got a small scratch due to my friend keeping it in his tight jeans pocket along with his car key. apart from that no issues. it fell down from my hands 4-5 feet into ground amny times but no breaks. I use it with case which comes inside box

Have used several Amoled screens. My Nokia 735 had one scratch on its screen, the corning protection did nothing against it. Hard lesson learnt.
Since then Screen protectors and body covers are must. I get the really good ones and not fancy ones. The grip should be as such that it doesn't slip. Also protection for the corners and raised lips on the body covers are must. Should raise the size and weight of the phone a bit but the tradeoff is worth it.

Amoled and LCD are both fragile but some degree of additional protection is better in addition to the build quality of the phone.

Hi, did you accidentally dropped it any time in 4 yrs. , my main concern is the person who wish to buy handset is a person with buttery hand.... 2 drop (from 4-5 feet height) in a day is normal :)
Multiple times. I use a case with a screen guard (not tempered glass). No cracks on any glass. Few scratches on back glass though, likely due to dust.

I have fallen asleep with display on and there are these unoptimised apps who won't let your display sleep. So yeah I managed to (temporary) burn-in my IPS/LCD phone. I can't imagine what will happen if I get OLED phone.

my poco f1 has fallen multiple times from my hands, but never sustained any issue. My collegue's F1 on the other hand cracked.

Similarly another collegues S8 never had issues, but another collegues wife's S8 display died twice

I think its more to do with how you use it, and put protective cover/case etc.

Kids.

I have in storage a Nokia N85 from 2008 that is working just fine, minus the screen lock button.

Of course it's incompatible with almost any modern SIM, but it does power on and the screen is unblemished.

The SD card it came with is still pluggin away like a champ in a RPi Zero as the boot drive. No complaints.

Back