Is Electroniksindia.com legit?

HHS

Recruit
Came across a website electroniksindia.com where electronic items are listed for sale. Anyone had previous experience with this site? Please share your experiences if any.
Thanks

Came across a website electroniksindia.com where electronic items are listed for sale. Anyone had previous experience with this site? Please share your experiences if any.
Thanks
As they are giving Cash on delivery you can give it a shot by ordering something very affordable item.

Thanks
Ive seen this - not sure either. Best way to test is to buy something with super low value and see if it gets delivered + what the experience is. I guess you should also use those one time online shopping cards just to be safe.

Seems legit, never purchased anything but they responded within minutes to my query email.
Variety of chi-fi stuff available and some items are overpriced.

I asked about shipping time, They confirmed it may take 25-30 days, so definitely importing after you place an order.

I ordered android box on their site, it was dispatched in 2 days and delivered in next few days. I enquired about box in 2020 but it took me 6 months to finally take a chance and place an order in 2021 (cod). The thing I don't like is they shipped my parcel through surface route (took 6 days) while the air route may have been 2-3 days faster (may be just saving some money on shipping!)

As a research, I randomly checked their other products where they have uploaded authorisation certificates. In this case, I contacted soundpeats and got a positive confirmation from the company that electroniksindia is indeed their distributor in India and warranty claims are backed by them. So, all in all my experience was not bad...
Would I buy macbook if they sell? I doubt. For low to mid range items, yes!

It's here! Will play around with it tonight!

PXL_20230726_113206462.jpgPXL_20230726_113203092.jpgPXL_20230726_113133128.jpg

I'll see if I can open it up and post a pic. It's supposed to include 8gb+256gb nvme plus there's a sata cable so I'll be very happy if I can add a large capacity SSD for storage.

Apparently there's no working sim slot due to provided wifi+bt module according to official reply on the website to someone's question.

This looks just like a topton mini pc I have, which itself is using a Bluetech motherboard. Bought it barebones from alibaba, cost me 13k after import duties. Has a N5100 cpu, 4x i226v nics (intel 2.5g). Using it as a pfsense router.

Performance is honestly pretty good, can saturate my 1g fiber connection, and getting ~700mbits on protonvpn+wireguard.

Runs a bit hot in my server closet (pooja room :p), idles at ~55c, reaches up to 60c under load, BLR ambient temperature.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20230726_193823_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230726_193823_Gallery.jpg
    965.5 KB · Views: 62
  • SmartSelect_20230726_193803_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230726_193803_Gallery.jpg
    534.9 KB · Views: 68
Performance is honestly pretty good, can saturate my 1g fiber connection, and getting ~700mbits on protonvpn+wireguard.
Noob here in this regard. Can you tell me how do you use this as router? As an extender to the ISPs router or something else?
What benefits will it give over ISPs router?

Noob here in this regard. Can you tell me how do you use this as router? As an extender to the ISPs router or something else?
What benefits will it give over ISPs router?
I have 2 isps, airtel and act. As airtel uses fiber, I'm using their router as a dumb media converter (fiber<>ethernet) in bridge mode, and using the pfsense router as the actual "routing" device.

Act uses plain old ethernet to home, that plugs directly into one of the eth ports, and pfsense manages the connection as well.

Have them setup in failover, airtel primary, act secondary. If pfsense detects high % of packet loss in airtel, it'll switch the main wan to act.

Regarding benefits
  • Vlans, have slices of networks isolated from each other, each with a specific purpose. My untrusted chinese (tuya) devices are on a specific vlan, they can connect to the internet, can't connect to any other devices on other vlans, but my home-assistant vm can connect to any device on that network. Similarly, local only iot devices vlan, can't comnect to internet, can't connect to any other vlan, but can connect to the mqtt broker.
  • Multiple protonvpn clients running on the router, each tagged to a specific vlan, which again is mapped to a specific ssid from my access point. I can connect to ssid "a" and access normal internet, ssid "b" and I'll appear to be in Singapore, ssid "c" and I'll appear to be in US etc.
  • Remote in openvpn server. I don't directly expose the services I'm running to the open internet, rather I just expose an openvpn server. I can connect to this openvpn server from anywhere in the world, and access my services running in my BLR network.
  • pfblockerng, DNS and IP based blocking, works kinda like pi-hole, but also blocks IPs. This way I don't need to run another machine just to run an adblocker.

Great!!

So, to create ssids, it uses the wifi card of the mini pc?
And regarding airtel, you know the isp username password of the PPOE connection?
I can see the username but unable to get password from anywhere.
I don't think I can use another router for airtel if I don't know the password.

Great!!

So, to create ssids, it uses the wifi card of the mini pc?
And regarding airtel, you know the isp username password of the PPOE connection?
I can see the username but unable to get password from anywhere.
I don't think I can use another router for airtel if I don't know the password.
No, very few wireless cards support hardware access point (hostap) mode. Intel, mediatek cards don't, iirc very few atheros cards do. That make most consumer wifi cards a pretty bad wireless access point. I am using a dedicated wireless access point TP link EAP670.

For airtel, I have a static ip, which does not require a pppoe authentication. I just enter the provided static IP and gateway on pfsense interface config, and that's it. The airtel router needs to be on bridge mode, with pppoe configs removed.

This looks just like a topton mini pc I have, which itself is using a Bluetech motherboard. Bought it barebones from alibaba, cost me 13k after import duties. Has a N5100 cpu, 4x i226v nics (intel 2.5g). Using it as a pfsense router.

Runs a bit hot in my server closet (pooja room :p), idles at ~55c, reaches up to 60c under load, BLR ambient temperature.

Probably the same range rebranded here... See https://photos.app.goo.gl/v7qWk4suMdh25J6Y6

Mine was 25k for N5105 also runs hot (fanless) 50c in AC room running Win11 updates. Came with 8GB Micron 2933mhz 21-21-21-47 RAM single stick and 256GB SKHynix nvme with Intel AC 7265 wifi+bt module.

Back